Yahoo and Ebay to team up to bring yahoo auctions to the US

mlproject

hmm interesting.. I wonder what proportion of sellers on Y! will agree to ship overseas though, I assume that will remain optional like it is in on both sites currently.

I wonder how they will implement this, will Y! sellers have to provide an english listing as well then.. otherwise searching wouldn't be much easier and brand names are hard to translate automatically.

while this is a good news, i doubt more than a % of all japan-based seller will agree to provide an english description and ship internationally. i very rarely see any ebay seller from outside of US/Canada/UK and there's at least a dozen of site from other countries so i'm guessing th that'll be the same with japan sellers.

Yeah, this sucks only because yahoo auctions has some great gems and with more competition the prices will only get more inflated. Thankfully Japanese is a bitch to translate algorithmically, so there's still the language barrier. :D

There may be some sort of auto-translate option that may work albeit terrible word for word, it gets me through. Only things I can navigate are sizes, price, time left which seems like enough to know to get around. Proxy does all the rest for me. Yahoo!jp has been pretty clean with fakes and variants I hope fakes on ebay doesn't taint it too much.