501 shrink-to-fit advice please!

generic_guy

I've just received a pair of standard 501 shrink-to-fits. Yesterday I sat in a lukewarm bath in them, tumble dried them for 20 minutes inside out (I know this isn't ideal but I couldn't wear dripping jeans) then wore them for a bit while they dried. Tried them on today and although they are pretty stiff they have shrunk a bit and fit pretty good.

My question is what to do now? I am thinking of just wearing them for as long as possible without washing, my only concern is would they shrink much more, meaning wear marks would be in the wrong place?

They seem to have shrunk a good 3-4 inches in the leg but not much on the waist (prob an inch), I did however use a waistband stretcher to keep the waistband at it's original size. I think without that they would have probably shrunk a couple of inches.

It is quite hard to tell because they are quite stiff and they may seem longer when they've softened up a bit