state your beer, drinkers

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_me7ypcDAp71qjuprfo1_500.jpg

2012 Fou Foune, Allagash Maple Odyssey, and Vanilla Bourbon County :D :D :D

Also had Founders Boltcutter, KBS, Smuttynose Strawberry Short Weisse, Firestone Walker Double DBA, De Proef/Hair of the Dog Flanders Fred, Dieu du Ciel Sieben Hugel, De Dolle Boskeun, and Stone Smoked Porter w/ Chipotle Peppers on cask..

Hell of a tap list, best event I've been to in a while. Vanilla Bourbon County still mindblowingly good :)

I only know of one place in Houston that got it (D&Q), and they only got a few cases. There was a 1 bottle limit. Jester King has the worst distribution of any brewery in the state of Texas... it's almost like they don't want to sell their beer.

Did you try any of the Gotlandsdricka? I've got a couple bottles, but haven't opened one yet. Crazy mixed reviews, but no one that I talked to loved it.

tumblr_med5fqXFij1qjuprfo1_500.jpg

2005 Saint Lamvinus bottle vs 2012 tap

tumblr_med6cnxHgw1qjuprfo1_500.jpg

2011 LeBleu

tumblr_med8utjW1O1qjuprfo1_500.jpg

O_O

tumblr_medb3x7rRW1qjuprfo1_500.jpg

Literally tasted like a liquid marshmallow. I actually really enjoyed this.

tumblr_medc7oJf7Y1qjuprfo1_500.jpg

2012 Zwanze.. wasn't really a fan, very vegetal

tumblr_mede3uROjz1qjuprfo1_500.jpg

2011 CFH

Ton of other stuff I didn't get pics of.. 2005 Vigneronne, 2007 La Folie, Peche n Brett, 2007 Abyss, 2012 BA Speedway, Sour Reserve 2, etc etc etc. Too much to remember, most of it was great though :D

I only know of one place in Houston that got it (D&Q), and they only got a few cases. There was a 1 bottle limit. Jester King has the worst distribution of any brewery in the state of Texas... it's almost like they don't want to sell their beer.

Did you try any of the Gotlandsdricka? I've got a couple bottles, but haven't opened one yet. Crazy mixed reviews, but no one that I talked to loved it.

I've had it. I liked the juniper flavors but wasn't a huge fan overall. Interesting beer to try, though. I liked Buddha's Brew.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone try this before?

That Imperial Stout is very good. Personally i think a lot of what FiftyFifty does is a bit underrated, i got to visit them earlier this year and was impressed by their entire line-up.

• 3 weeks later...

Does this thread even exist anymore???

i just figured everyone was drinking pig swill or celebration ale over the last couple months..

shufon, i guess i'd like to try that bolt cutter in a couple years then heh.

that bourbon barrel quad looks scrumptuous

i just figured everyone was drinking pig swill or celebration ale over the last couple months..

I actually saw some 2011 SN celebration at Target. I assume they were just letting the flavors develop?

Honestly, I'd be good if I never had another Christmas or Pumpkin ale for the rest of my life. Unfortunately I'm still sitting on 2 Pumpkinators that I can't seem to get rid of.

Really wanna try Pliny the Elder. Haven't seen it anywhere locally yet.

Pliny is solid. One of those beers you can't go wrong with. It gets a ton of hype but it's not butt rape in terms of the price. If you do happen to stumble upon a bottle or two, definitely swoop them up.

Anybody had this year's Hopslam? I got a 6 pack last week and my taste buds must have changed. I've been lucky enough to have tried it every year for the past 4 years, but I have to say it tastes different this year. I'm not blaming Bells, like I said it just tastes different than I remember.

For instance, it's really sweet/syrupy this year when I remember the high hop content being a bit more balanced and floral. But then again, it could be just me.

And honestly it's still a great beer at a really good price when you think about it. I think I'm just chasing that hop dragon I remember tasting years ago...