Shopping Proxy Service: Buy Japanese Items

zipangu-treasures

Hey Masa, i'm new here. Someone referred me here, saying that it was better and you speak english pretty darn well hahah.. i tried using https://common2.rakuten.co.jp/form/borderless/proxy/en/orderform/ proxy but man they take forever, they wouldn't let me change the address due to fraud prevention policy plus i knew it was gonna take long to ship and im about to travel to Australia on December 23rd, i was gonna use the address in Australia. But for this proxy, how long would it take if i ordered it now or tomorrow? You think i'll get it before 23rd? I live in Los Angeles, California in United States. If not i'll just use the address im staying at in Australia. Thanks for your time Masa! :D

Oh yeah, i was thinking of buying a polo shirt, but their biggest size is Large, i usually wear Large/Extra Large here in US. Here's the link of the polo shirt, http://item.rakuten.co.jp/sparkle-by-imp/90962/ In the site, the model is 5'8" tall and weigh 127 pounds and he wears a size Medium but for me, i am 5'9" tall and weigh 185 pounds hahah.. My waist size is like around 32-34. I don't know if i will fit it. What you think? Thanks again Masa!

Based on my experience.....

You will receive the item within a week after you pay. It always depend on the custom. I live in Seattle and I never got problem with custom.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi lilkatalyst,

Thank you for your question.

First of all, if you could submit your street address registered on your PayPal account when you place an order through my email form 'http://www.zipangu-treasures.com/New-email-form/', you can clear the possibility of the 'fraud'. As Rakuten said it is very important verification to provide such the proxy service for a buyer to avoid from a 'fraud' such as a shopping with using a third person's PayPal account and/or CC, anyways.

Once it has been cleared, I think there is nothing problem even if I would have to ship the item to a Hotel or any other location in AU.

Anyway, your shopping total will be estimated likely below if you get the item through my proxy service. Please see.

Item Cost: 2940 + Domestic Shipping Cost: 750 + Proxy Fee: 663 + EMS Shipping Cost: 2220 = 6,573 JPY

(Exact same shipping cost will be applied even if the parcel was shipped to the US and/or AU.)

I of cause know about the proxy service Rakuten is providing on the web. However I have never heard how it is comfortable for the international buyers. I would like to know if you have any info regarding the service if you don't mind.

EMS usually requires 3-4 days for a delivery to the US and/or AU. So, if I could ship the item up to Dec 18, 2008, you will have enough days for receiving the item. Also, almost Rakuten sellers usually ship an item within 24 hours after a buyer completed an order. It means that you will be able to receive the item if you completed a payment to me until Dec 15, 2008.

Regarding the sizing info of the polo shirt you are looking for, below is a sizing chart described on the item page.

Size: L

Center Back: 66cm (= 25.98 inches), Chest: 41cm (= 16.14 inches), Shoulder: 41cm (= 16.14 inches), Sleeve: 62cm (= 24.40 inches)

I didn't provide the sizing info of the polo in size M.

M would be too small for you anyways.

Use a similar shaped shirt you own and please compare the measurements with the details above so that you will figure out if you would be able to wear it.

It should be the best way to avoid from a sizing issue, I think.

Please try.

Any further questions, feel free to contact me anytime!

Best,

Edit:

> denimformytummy

Thanks for the follow-up comment!

VARI has launched a limited time offer on their Rakuten store.

Take a look the detail at;

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/vari/c/0000001560/

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/vari/c/0000001654/

According to the description, they will offer thier item in currency 'US$' plus they will apply their special exchange rate as 'US$1.00 = 100 JPY'.

It means that you will be able to get an item at approx 10% or slightly more lower price than regular price in currency 'JPY'. Also, you will not have to worry about the current crazy high JPY as well.

The special exchange rate can be applied for any item listed on their store and it will be applied only for international buyers.

I think it's a great chance to get an item at lower price for yourself!

I have been receiving some questions regarding 'How to wash denim jeans' from some buyers. I would like to introduce about my washing method here.

Any questions related this info, please feel free to reply to this thread.

I hope this info will help some buyers.

HOW TO WASH:

1 - Turn over your raw denim jeans inside out.

2 - Put the denim jeans into a bath-tub and fill warm water upto around 1/4-1/3 line of your bath-tub height.

3 - Soak the jeans in warm water. (38-42 degree is recommended. Hot water will damage your jeans.) (in Celsius)

4 - Remove all dot airs (air bubbles) from inside of your denim jeans carefully.

Note: The starch located in the air bubble will not be removed during the soaking if you didn't remove the airs. This is a very important step to soak your jeans and you have to proceed it carefully.

5 - Just leave it around a few hours.

6 - Take your jeans from bath-tub and put it into your wash machine.

7 - Wash your jeans with no detergent.

Note: Some of solvent for bleach are usually included in almost detergent and it will strongly remove indigo blue from your denim jeans rather than you are expecting especially in case you wash a handmade denim jeans such as a repro jeans.

8 - Hang your jeans on a hanger and remove all wrinkles.

Note: assorted multiple pinch clips hanger is better for dry. It will easily keep the shape of your jeans in good condition.

9 - Dry it in shade perfectly.

10 - Just repeat #1-9 around 3-4 times if it is the first wash.

The first wash is a very important stpe to remove the starch from your raw denim jeans and the first wash will help you to control shrinking your jeans. If you wear a pair of denim jeans without removing the starch, it will damage the cotton yarns tilled in your denim jeans because it is hardly coating the denim cloth to keep the shape in good condition.

Today, there are many kinds of pre-washed and/or sanfolized denim jeans produced by many denim brands. But they will be pretty hard to make your originated looking and shaped jeans for yourself. Every jeans are repeating shrinkage and stretching in the wash and wear and it will help you to make a pair of original jeans for yourself. That's why many denimheads prefer to get a denim jeans in RAW state and they know it's a smart way to love an owned denim.

Almost denim jeans in raw usually shrinks approx 2-3 inches at the waist and 2-4 inches at the inseam. The other parts also shrink in the wash. However those parts will not shrink so much. So, I think you don't have to be so much nervous for the measurements except waist and inseam when you are buying a raw denim jeans.

There are many buyers who are wondering about 'Lot#' to estimate the 'shrinkage'. But I think it will not make a correct answer for yourself. It may help you but maybe not. Almost sellers willingly let me know the actual measurements if I asked regarding the details of a pair of denim jeans during a purchase. I believe that it should be the best way to get a correct size of a denim jeans for yourself.

To be given the extra service, just measure your best daily denim jeans and submit the detailed information when you request an order to get a raw denim jeans through my proxy service. I will help your shopping as well as I can.

But I can say that there are many sellers who DOES NOT prefer to provide the detailed measurements before placing an order. Because they are wondering the jeans would be possibly sold out until I complete the order. Every handmade jeans has different measurements at the every parts even if the jeans are produced by a brand as a same denim jeans and/or same size.

I hope this would be a good option to get a best denim jeans for yourself!

I sent a request last night for a Skull Sweatshirt. I have to leave town for a week on Sat. and i'm not sure i'll have access to my email. If i don't please don't cancel my order i will pay you promptly on my return Sunday the 28th. Obviously if you send my invoice before tomorrow around 5pm, i'll pay.

DOMO!

Hi

Am new member in this.

I would like to know what you declare on your mail package?

Thank you for writing a question on my thread.

And, I'm sorry for my delayed answer.

I privately had a trouble last week and I could not have enough time for my work. Very sorry......

Regarding the declaration which would be marked on a shipping slips including a shipping invoice, it will be basically declared at lower price and the detail is described on an invoice which you will receive first time.

If you would like to know the detail before placing an order, please PM to me so that I will let you know.

Thanks,

I sent a request last night for a Skull Sweatshirt. I have to leave town for a week on Sat. and i'm not sure i'll have access to my email. If i don't please don't cancel my order i will pay you promptly on my return Sunday the 28th. Obviously if you send my invoice before tomorrow around 5pm, i'll pay.

DOMO!

Thank you for letting me know your situation.

No problem at all for the delay.

I will respond for your order ASAP when you completed the payment.

Thank you agian,

if the jean cost 30000 yen, how much need to pay?

33000 JPY + EMS Shipping Cost 2100 JPY or 2400 JPY = Total

The EMS Shipping Cost would be basically applied depends on a size you are buying. Size: 28-32 = 2100 JPY, Size: 33 or larger = 2400 JPY

and how long need to take ?

Normally, a few business days would be required for receiving an item from a seller. Then EMS will takes 1-3 days for a delivery to Singapole.

order jeans not from ur website ?

Sorry, I don't understand what you wanted to know.

Anyway, you can place an order through eather links below.

http://www.zipangu-treasures.com/New-email-form/

or

http://ztproxy.ocnk.net/product/38

For more details, please read the descriptions.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=41096

or

http://ztproxy.ocnk.net/

Any further questions, feel free to contact me again.

Thanks,

so total price for a 30000 yen jeans is how much ? in SGD/USD ?

order from other website means:i give the link not mention in ur website and can order for me ?

thanks

You have to pay in JPY through PayPal.

The currency will be automatically exchnged from your primary currenct to JPY if you specify 'JPY' during 'Send Money'.

If you are expecting to make a payment with your credit card, I will send an invoice via PayPal to you and you will not have to wonder about the currency at all during your payment.

Yes, ANY item (except prohibit items) can be ordered through my proxy service.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

HOW TO WASH:

1 - Turn over your raw denim jeans inside out.

2 - Put the denim jeans into a bath-tub and fill warm water upto around 1/4-1/3 line of your bath-tub height.

3 - Soak the jeans in warm water. (38-42 degree is recommended. Hot water will damage your jeans.) (in Celsius)

4 - Remove all dot airs (air bubbles) from inside of your denim jeans carefully.

Note: The starch located in the air bubble will not be removed during the soaking if you didn't remove the airs. This is a very important step to soak your jeans and you have to proceed it carefully.

5 - Just leave it around a few hours.

6 - Take your jeans from bath-tub and put it into your wash machine.

7 - Wash your jeans with no detergent.

Note: Some of solvent for bleach are usually included in almost detergent and it will strongly remove indigo blue from your denim jeans rather than you are expecting especially in case you wash a handmade denim jeans such as a repro jeans.

8 - Hang your jeans on a hanger and remove all wrinkles.

Note: assorted multiple pinch clips hanger is better for dry. It will easily keep the shape of your jeans in good condition.

9 - Dry it in shade perfectly.

10 - Just repeat #1-9 around 3-4 times if it is the first wash.

The first wash is a very important stpe to remove the starch from your raw denim jeans and the first wash will help you to control shrinking your jeans. If you wear a pair of denim jeans without removing the starch, it will damage the cotton yarns tilled in your denim jeans because it is hardly coating the denim cloth to keep the shape in good condition.

Today, there are many kinds of pre-washed and/or sanfolized denim jeans produced by many denim brands. But they will be pretty hard to make your originated looking and shaped jeans for yourself. Every jeans are repeating shrinkage and stretching in the wash and wear and it will help you to make a pair of original jeans for yourself. That's why many denimheads prefer to get a denim jeans in RAW state and they know it's a smart way to love an owned denim.

Almost denim jeans in raw usually shrinks approx 2-3 inches at the waist and 2-4 inches at the inseam. The other parts also shrink in the wash. However those parts will not shrink so much. So, I think you don't have to be so much nervous for the measurements except waist and inseam when you are buying a raw denim jeans.

Zipangu, I like the washing method you use here... something about soaking for a few hours before putting it in a machine makes sense to me... like the denim gets familiar with the water molecules, making the machine seem less violent. I had a few questions though.

Obviously the above method describes unsanforized denim. How would you wash sanforized denim? I'm of course assuming at least a few months of solid wear before washing, but then would the rest be the same? Except only one wash, as opposed to 3-4?

Also, why do you say that starch damages the fabric? I've read several threads on here specifically about starch, and haven't heard that before.

Oh, one more question for the Japanese-proxy users. Does anybody know why rakuten.jp doesn't have an English version of their website?

It just seems to me they could sell more stuff by having an English version, as Google Translator is an imperfect way of viewing their website: "Small size frame made of dough is not the first state in the Japanese bush clover girth, known as the = is the same round." Need I say more?

Hi,

Thanks for your questions.

Below are my answers. Please see.

Obviously the above method describes unsanforized denim. How would you wash sanforized denim? I'm of course assuming at least a few months of solid wear before washing, but then would the rest be the same? Except only one wash, as opposed to 3-4?
Soaking is basically required for removing the starch coated on the denim. So, you don't have to soak your pre-washed denim jeans (I mean all of denim jeans after soaking) when you wash.

Sanfolized denim jeans are also coated by starch if they are sold in RAW state, such as EVISU No.2. You have to remove the starch carefully before machine wash.

Anyway, I thought you are misunderstanding regarding the difference of the meaning 'unsanfolized and sanfolized'. Maybe........

Snfolized cloth means about a cloth twilled on the basis of a high-tech thread which doesn't shrink much rather than normal cloth. Unsanfolized cloth means about a normal cloth which was not applied recent high-tech thread for producing. So, it usually means about like a vintage cotton fabric in case of denim jeans.

Also, why do you say that starch damages the fabric? I've read several threads on here specifically about starch, and haven't heard that before.
If I assume that there is a pair of starched denim fabric here and it's coated by much hard starch. I think you can break it just like a glass board.

Almost similar situation is happened on the each small areas of your denim jeans when the cloth was moved if you wear a pair of RAW denim jeans. That's why starch would damage denim, I said.

Any further questions, feel free to post your message here.

Thanks,

Oh, one more question for the Japanese-proxy users. Does anybody know why rakuten.jp doesn't have an English version of their website?

It just seems to me they could sell more stuff by having an English version, as Google Translator is an imperfect way of viewing their website: "Small size frame made of dough is not the first state in the Japanese bush clover girth, known as the = is the same round." Need I say more?

Coz, almost Japanese are not good at speaking and/or communicating in English. Item pages and/or stores described in English will not be realized perfectly without personal effort 'seller by seller' even if a shoping site such as Rakuten provides an English version shopping system. I think that's why Rakuten has to rely a web translate tool for describing the each item page from Japanese to English.

By the way, I have noticed that Rakuten has revised their checkout system. I think their checkout system is currently provided in English for international buyers. This news might not be announced yet by Raktuen. But it should be a great step to change their site for more internationally.

Thanks,

• 1 month later...