Diesel + Oki-Ni

Serge d Nimes

Today I was wearing my (ripped in the crotch) pair of Diesels, less than a year old, and suddenly there were coins falling off my leg through my ripped Diesel-pocket! shame on you Diesel...

Not to mention my crappy Diesel shoes, which are also ripped in the back! (both originals bought on diesel flagship)

Sorry, I am a fan of Diesel as a brand, and I mean no offence, but the quality is NOT good.

Edited by Geowu on Aug 19, 2005 at 04:14 PM

I'm new to these boards, but I am certainly a fan of them. They were my first venture into the high priced denim world. I guess maybe I play into the trends, but I don't care. It's a style thing. It's the way I like to look and most people can't pull of the look that I do. I love the different designs and the fit and quality of Diesel jeans. There aren't many brands with the same sort of styling to it. Sometimes the styling is over the top, and some would say that it is too much, but that is one of the reasons that I am so attracted to it. People pay attention to the jeans, not just your t-shirt. With a pair of Nudies when you break them in, they are beautiful, but to be honest, most people are going to recognize the Diesels more.

Anyway, I don't want to turn this into a hate on anything thread. Some people like Diesel, and some don't. I get the feeling that most people here don't wear it too often. I like Diesel and I'll continue to wear it, but I'll definitely wear it less now that I have 5 months and 3 weeks to break these Nudie Regular Ralfs in.

P.S. I like Seven for All Mankind jeans too. I get so many comments on my ass from girls when I wear them. They fit better than any other jeans I have worn.

P.P.S. I can't believe that I wrote all that about jeans. They are just pants, but I love them.

They aren't girls jeans. I swear.

To be honest with you, I don't have anything over a year old, so I hope that doesn't happe, but who knows, maybe it will, and if it happens to one pair, then so be it, if it happens to two, then I'll probably be done with them. But I have talked to people who have Diesel's from 3-5 years ago, and they still wear them and love them, and they are still looking good and fashionable.

the reason so many poeple hate on diesel, is they are enourmus and like you said people wont recognze your nudies but they will your diesels, some people take pride in the fact that poeple dont know what jeans you are wearing rather than having everyone be able to tell what brand your wearing just my your coin pocket

chwa?

It is what it is, they are distressed jeans! They will fall apart soon because they are made to look old. I sold all of my diesels 4 years ago, I had like 8 pairs. I was quite the fan! That look is now ubiquitous with highschool and even younger kids now, so I avoid it at all costs! I have been obsessed with dry denim ever sense. If diesel makes a kick ass pair of dry Kulter jeans, I might buy them.

Carpe Denim! (not the jean brand silly!)

1123865699585_selvage_edited.JPG

Alright, they are here. I can answer that question about the corduroy. These are not denim. From the pictures I thought that they were denim with a corduroy texture, but in fact they are just black corduroy. They are however cut like jeans, and they are still very nice though, so I plan on keeping them. I will post pictures when I get a chance.

Edited by Jaymstr on Aug 30, 2005 at 04:55 PM