the "not-too-expensive-but-cool" leatherjacket thread

gonegonegone

You guys beasting over Dior leathers, if you wait a few weeks I could probably get you guys decent Dior knockoff leathers for about $300-400. The quality would be a lot better than H&M and the leathers are soft and washed, pretty thick and look good, not vinyl-y like H&M's. I am not sure which season there are knockoffs of, but I've seen at least the short M65 and the cropped one with 'T' pocket flaps on the breast pockets (05?), in sizes down to 36. If I looked hard enough I'd probably find knockoffs of every style leather Dior has put out. There are some more styles like N (N) or that Margiela with the double zips as well. These are the same jackets that are showing up on ebay for like $850.

Otherwise, as far as I've seen, you will have to look at shelling out at least $500 for something new and original in design with the cut (and reasonable quality) that you're looking for. You guys need to start looking towards Rakuten and Yahoo JP, or Swedish brands.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess another option is unbranded, new jackets from stand alone shops you never heard of. Brick Lane in London, for example, has a number of Bangldeshi leather shops with all sorts of stuff in. Never been in one though 'cos I assume they'll all be horrid.

just found the kind of jacket i was looking for

jacobs01.JPG

thats a Marc Jacobs and it is EXACTLY what i was looking for, but i want one in Black...i also have never tried on anything Marc Jacobs so would a H&M small be the same??? i does anybody know where i can get one online because there isnt a MJ store in my area and from the looks of ebay $500 seems about the going price which i can do???

^ if that is current season and easily available online or in a MJ store, it's not gonna be $500 man, sorry to burst your bubble. Plus it's ugly as sin. Ebay is full of fakes too, you guys aren't understanding that you won't be getting a new with tags (worthwhile) brand name leather jacket for this kind of money. I'd like to be proved wrong on this, but it's just past the first week of November, and you guys are wanting $3000 leather jackets to pop up at $300, it's not gonna happen.

^ if that is current season and easily available online or in a MJ store, it's not gonna be $500 man, sorry to burst your bubble. Plus it's ugly as sin. Ebay is full of fakes too, you guys aren't understanding that you won't be getting a new with tags (worthwhile) brand name leather jacket for this kind of money. I'd like to be proved wrong on this, but it's just past the first week of November, and you guys are wanting $3000 leather jackets to pop up at $300, it's not gonna happen.

honestly, i don't give a shit about the name or whatever, but thats the type of jacket i was looking for...and that jacket doesn't even retail for $3000...so if you know where i can find it or something similar, link it up

im not looking for a brand name either (although i'd preffer dior of course) but just the fit is important. if i were looking for brand names i wouldnt be thinking seriously about a diesel leather

edit- which i found out they dont make in a xs so nvm on that idea

yes that one above is in the supermarket for like 450 or something. i really want a normal collar (not moto style) and ribbed cuffs and waist. exactly like this...

DSC00588.JPG

any ideas?

i saw one exactly like this at selected in denmark, about 120€ i think. might even be this one.

$130 but only in brown and not available in xs

51gwtwxtrxlaa262jk2.jpg

i really like this one, where did you find it?

Seriously though I always see so many people with some bad ass leather jackets and I can never find one for myself for under $200..

It doesn't have to be mind blowingly amazing lambskin leather or be hand treated and weathered in tibet and shit... just your standard leather jacket with a dope ass fit.

something like hedi slimane is wearing in the picture above.. is it that hard to find something like that in vintage? or am i just looking in aaall the wrong places?