shrinking shirts.?

solelifik

Quote:

is it possible to shrink the tees by that method down by a size? i've got some L size tees that i think would fit me better if they were m or s, what was i thinking when i got those..

--- Original message by magicclean on Aug 15, 2005 01:56 AM

Yes. It will probably only shrink one size if it is 100% cotton. I'm not too sure about other materials though.

INFRASTRUCTURE DV

Short Films - Music Videos - Events

http://www.infrastructuredv.com

• 1 year later...

hot water, wheter its a hot wash or a hot drying for a wet garment, usually tends to shrink it depending on material. pre-shrunk cotton might shrink 1%, certain type of wool will shrink 50%.

so for a white cotton tee, wash it in warm and then throw in the dryer. depending on how it has been washed before, it should shrink a bit. but again it really depends on the material, it varies for regular cotton too. if the shirt becomes too small you can stretch it back a bit by getting it wet, the shaping/stretching it by hand and laying it flat to dry.

for the woven shirt, is it cotton? should shrink as well, same method but I'd be a bit more careful with tumble dryer if you're using one, start with a warm drying program, if it doesn't do enough then get the shirt wet and put it on a hot cycle.