Mac V Pc?

Guest DUM

NIGGAS AINT SNITCHIN

I'm ordering my 2x2gb upgrade soon off crucial... or owc. I've always loved OWC for my external hdd shit so I may get their memory upgrade... $40 cheaper than crucial.

i need some good 2gb sodimms for my laptop. u cop cheap?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ there's a brand new Macbook (not Pro) out this past week. If you were in the market for that, it's not a bad time to buy one. It'll be another 5 or 6 months or more before a new Macbook comes out, though it may be a form factor renewal by then too.

check http://www.macrumors.com/ there's a buying guide there showing the age of each product.

Try macsales.com.... if you don't trust a non branded company, this site is probably the best one out... but for macs.

For pc laptops, get crucial.com... they are the most reliable and much cheaper than house brand RAM from your laptop manufacturer. Never had crucial RAM fail on me... plus they have an impeccable warranty.

NIGGAS AINT SNITCHIN

I'm ordering my 2x2gb upgrade soon off crucial... or owc. I've always loved OWC for my external hdd shit so I may get their memory upgrade... $40 cheaper than crucial.

Ramjet offers pretty good prices and their stuff comes with a lifetime warranty. Not sure if crucials does or not.

ideally id have both but baring that possibility, i would go PC

more applications avail, games, etc

widgets and mac OS are cool, but i cant think of any programs i cant use on PC that are exclusive to mac

im just been using pcs all my life, and i can troubleshoot my own problems, dnot download gay spyware, and keep my virus checkers up to date

i was a lifelong pc user and just switched to mac about 6 months ago. i will never go back.

i run parallels so i when i need to, i can run windows xp on my computer.

Parallels, bootcamp, and fusion all work pretty well. Theres even a service called Northstar that lets you 'rent' a remote login space to access certain windows applications. It really works best for people who need internet explorer ( a lot of real estate agents have IE specific web programs ) and don't want to put windows on their machine in any way

Parallels, bootcamp, and fusion all work pretty well. Theres even a service called Northstar that lets you 'rent' a remote login space to access certain windows applications. It really works best for people who need internet explorer ( a lot of real estate agents have IE specific web programs ) and don't want to put windows on their machine in any way

Oh man that sounds like my worst nightmare... "Sidney, you're only allowed to use... INTERNET EXPLORER"

"NOOOOOOoOoooooOooOOOoOOOoOOOOooOOoOOo!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Really? Firefox is really slow on my old PB 15... safari is actually a bit "snappier" for me, though it could be the new beta 3 that I've been using. Firefox does not haul ass (for my case) but the extensions make it shine.

I may very well go back into Firefoxdom when my new Isabel arrives.

i don't like IE either on mac classic it's a nightmare or PC which the version 7 is garbage. But I'll also say that safari is so fucking bulky. They surprisingly cut a bit out of it for the iphone, but mac or pc, firefox ftw

if you like safari on the iphone poly just download the safari webkit from the developer page. Its what they based the iphone browser off of. Ive been using the full safari 3 in leopard and i really like it much more than firefox. The webclip function will actually make a dashboard widget that you can manipulate which I think is fucking great

i find it a bit tougher (more frustrating) to troubleshoot macs, but that's just because I don't have one personally. But I've had more hardware problems with Apple stuff and more software problems with PC stuff.computers just suck.

tell me about it. I swapped out a hd on my powerbook once, and it was like 30 different screws of various lengths to remove and replace

Try macsales.com.... if you don't trust a non branded company, this site is probably the best one out... but for macs.

For pc laptops, get crucial.com... they are the most reliable and much cheaper than house brand RAM from your laptop manufacturer. Never had crucial RAM fail on me... plus they have an impeccable warranty.

i got 2x1gb crushul in my laptop rite now, didna even realize i could get 2x2gb

for maximum powerrrrrrrrrr

time to cop time to cop time to cop.

Destructo, that's a load of bull... they run hot just like any other laptop. I had a dell. The motherboard melted. Thas hot.

i got 2x1gb crushul in my laptop rite now, didna even realize i could get 2x2gb

for maximum powerrrrrrrrrr

time to cop time to cop time to cop.

If your laptop can take 4gb... powerbooks used to be capped at 2gb... newer ones should be at 3-4gb.

Holla the prices are cheaper too.

Macbook Intel 2 core duos... well my 2ghz one is capped at 2gb. Though the latest ones can handle up to 4gb. I'd forgotten how cheap RAM is nowadays. I'm guessing opening up your Macbook won't void the warranty at all?

The new ones have a faster frontside bus and a better graphics card as well And no, the memory on the macbooks is user installable. If you take out the battery theres an L shaped bracket that you can unscrew and place the ram in. Just be sure to buy it in pairs for the macbook otherwise it'll run funky.

Destructo, that's a load of bull... they run hot just like any other laptop. I had a dell. The motherboard melted. Thas hot.

If your laptop can take 4gb... powerbooks used to be capped at 2gb... newer ones should be at 3-4gb.

my shit iz one a dem brand new off them production line HP laptops that practically demands that you tear out the stock ram and put load the bitch up full of it. i could only squeeze 2x1gb in there due to pocket constraints when i made my shady purchase...

but its time.

because if i can get adobe cs3 to open in .5 seconds instead of 1, i am all for it.

Son I almost got 3rd degree burns usin my buddy's macbook. Shit was fiya.

Meanwhile my HP can chill out on my lap all day errday, quite literally.

But I'll concede one thing, I'd take a Mac over a Dell any day. I can see why you moved over to Mac if you had some bad experiences with Dell. All I'm saying however is there are considerable, undeniable benefits to using a PC vs. a Mac.

Come back to the Taliban, Sid. We welcome you with open arms and faster boot times.

LOL Pc mag voted the fastest laptop to run Vista... ding ding ding: MBP.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,136649-page,3-c,notebooks/article.html

The fastest Windows Vista notebook we've tested this year is a Mac. Try that again: The fastest Windows Vista notebook we've tested this year--or for that matter, ever--is a Mac. Not a Dell, not a Toshiba, not even an Alienware. The $2419 (plus the price of a copy of Windows Vista, of course) MacBook Pro's PC WorldBench 6 Beta 2 score of 88 beats Gateway's E-265M by a single point, but the MacBook's score is far more impressive simply because Apple couldn't care less whether you run Windows.