Thrift & vintage stores.

lilodxd

Anyone have good finds at thrift/vintage stores? I'm def. gonna go to a few vintage stores in the city & look around once I get my paycheck. I don't know about thrift stores cuz sometimes the merchandise is used.. but you can tell if something has been used or not anyway. So any good experiences?

vintage by definition means used clothing, maybe better picked used clothing, but still used nevertheless. the only discernable difference is a vintage store normally has better stuff, but part of the fun of going to a thrift shop is to find a diamond in the rough. this is where you find all the "Big E" from a gazillion years ago without paying "vintage" prices (i.e. ebay prices).

"God is Dead" - Nietzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Nietzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

Ok here we go. I'm only gonna list the vintage stores, since I prefer that over thrift.

Rags-a-gogo 14th st between 8th and 7th ave (great cheap stuf, friendliest staff)

Starstruck on the West Village (pricier but worth a visit esp if you're into deadstock rock & roll stuff)

East Village 7 and 9 Sts, has lots of small vintage shops, too many to mention

Avenue C has one hidden too, if you're into really old dressy shoes.

Found this great vintage/army surplus store around the corner of Church and Canal

Brklyn:

Bedford Avenue near N4 I think, they have another store on Hope st.

And of course flea markets sell vintage. My favorite is the one on 11th Street and Ave B every Weekends.

Happy hunting!

GO TO A THRIFT STORE IN A REALLY GOOD SURBURB COMMUNITY, THEY USUALLY HAVE GOOD STUFF THERE, I FUND ALOT OF GOOD STUFF AT THRIFT STORE BEFORE, LIKE A PAIR DUNK HIGH TOP, RARE RECORDS, FUR COAT, VALENTINO AND GUCCI SUIT, REALLY NICE VINTAGE FURNITURE, SUEDE MEMEBER'S ONLY......GOOD LUCK ON YOUR TREASURE HUNTING.....