Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

Hey all. Yeah, I'm disappointed with the fading. I wear the jeans as often as possible, which is basically anytime I'm not at work, where I have to wear khaki's. Normally I don't wash this often, but the fact that I had to buy the jeans in a 38 instead of 36, and that they hadn't shrunk down to the tagged size in the previous washes meant that I needed to wash more often to combat the stretching.

At the same time the waist doesn't want to shrink down, the legs are just dying to. The last two washes I've had to stand on the waist and pull the legs to stretch them back out. That's why I did a cold/cold cycle this time.

Do you think I'd get better results switching to a warm wash, and not washing inside out?

Hey all. Yeah, I'm disappointed with the fading. I wear the jeans as often as possible, which is basically anytime I'm not at work, where I have to wear khaki's. Normally I don't wash this often, but the fact that I had to buy the jeans in a 38 instead of 36, and that they hadn't shrunk down to the tagged size in the previous washes meant that I needed to wash more often to combat the stretching.

At the same time the waist doesn't want to shrink down, the legs are just dying to. The last two washes I've had to stand on the waist and pull the legs to stretch them back out. That's why I did a cold/cold cycle this time.

Do you think I'd get better results switching to a warm wash, and not washing inside out?

Depends on the results youre looking for... seems like youre going for the all around faded look instead of whiskers and honey combs... if so, warm-hot will take out the colors the fastest.

If you WANT those whiskers and honey combs... DONT WASH YOUR JEANS

if you want to shrink the waist and not the inseam... just put the waist part of your jeans in boiling water.. and leave the rest out.

It was so bad days.

two weeks ago somebody stole my 660 while I was drying it on the roof.

So I asked to police, and we browsed all CCTV around my apartment.

At last we found a suspected person.... My GOD!!!

The theif was a young woman who lives just next to my house!!!

Fortunately there's no problem on my 660.

But I felt like vomiting so washed it with huge of detergent.

From now on I'll alway watch out drying my 660 like 'Chicken'.

All other participator watch out your 660 always be careful.

I paid Bill at Stronghold a visit on Saturday... talked some denim, saw some of their stuff... oh and had some suspender buttons added to my SUFUwarehouse jeans. It looks pretty good and I really like the look of the suspenders with these jeans. I will post some picks a bit later when I have time.

I paid Bill at Stronghold a visit on Saturday... talked some denim, saw some of their stuff... oh and had some suspender buttons added to my SUFUwarehouse jeans. It looks pretty good and I really like the look of the suspenders with these jeans. I will post some picks a bit later when I have time.

no pics no care:rolleyes:

id stick to not washing or soaking for awhile till you get some creases set in there buddy

Since I don't have opportunity to wear my jeans hard, I have had no construction problems at all. I'm super happy with these; I would have bought them independent of this 'contest'. It is funny how opinions vary so much on these 660s! For me they are some of the best fitting and nicest looking jeans I have.

So I say until I totally blow out my crotch.

thanks guys. i feel like it's just starting to get interesting on mine. i'm anxious to see how other people's are coming along too.

chicken, you are really trying to win this thing, huh?

ha ha, not really. it's just that i wear these everyday anyway, might as well document them and enjoy the process.

i quickly discovered that painting in these is not a great idea (surprise). not only did i get some paint on the knees, the jeans also rubbed indigo on the walls like crazy, necessitating extra touch up work. luckily i had some crappy old nudies in storage to finish up the job, but man did my legs miss wearing the WHs.

Worn since November 5th, except for about a week and a half when I gave 'em to Gordon to repair:

Evolution2.jpg

Evolution1.jpg

Evolution4.jpg

Evolution5.jpg

Evolution3.jpg

And for good measure:

CrotchRip.jpg

It wasn't so much the denim that broke but the stitching came loose.

All pics were indoors of course. I'll try to get some pics in sunlight tomorrow when its supposed to be a bit sunnier.