Too many types of spicy

GiZMO

One time in high school some friends of mine had some tiny pepers and thought it would be funny to give them to eachother and eat them. They were really small so I had no idea of the oral inferno I would face. I turned red in the face (a rare thing) and my mouth was burning. Ran to the bathroom and had my mouth under the faucet simultanoeusly spitting with no solution to oust the pain.

How the hell do you tame the spiciness? Right now while eating half of a digiorno pizza I ate some jalepenos and I hadn't eaten anything spicy in a while. Being unconditioned to spiciness, unlike my Mexican and Laotian brethren, I don't nkow what to do. I saw on Home Improvement that milk can help but I drank it all quite quickly. What do you guys do?

Usually I can but it's been a while and I didn't take that into consideration. Water makes it worse, soda is just horrid. You keep drinking and drinking til your bloated. Friend eats blazing wings at buffalo wild wings. Stuff his mom cooks is ridiculous.

Some friends of mine, when at a hot sauce store were given samples of the hottest sauces available. After the tasting, the employees had margarita mix out for the customers as they were saying something about the sugar being much better for you than the water in taming the spice on your tongue. As far as it wrecking your stomach, you probably have to just get used to it.

Milk, but not skimmed. The fats in milk absorb the capsacin and stop the burning in your mouth, to a degree.

As far as it wrecking your stomach, you probably have to just get used to it.

Actually capsacin is a natural inflammatory that's good for your digestion. It's largely the other crap in chilli ridden fast/restaurant food that sets your stomach off. I should know, having a glorious world of food intolerances in my old age.

Are you one of those guys who ask waiters at restaurants if stuff has gluten in it? Don't be that guy.

Don't think I'm intolerant to gluten.

But don't blame that guy... the epidemic levels of intolerance to wheat products and suchlike is largely due to the irresponsibility of food producers. I know someone whose family owns an organic bakery and it's pretty fucking scary what passes for bread in a major bakery or supermarket.

I'm just kidding as i don't blame that guy either. I don't know what it is, but there is some ingredient used more often in cheaper mass produced products, that kills my stomach and intestines. I don't know what it is as i've tried to isolate it before, but i'll always forget the full ingredients of something. Something to do with shitty bread i think. I had some winn dixie baked bread that absolutely wrecked my shit. I thought it was a gluten allergy for awhile, but i need to isolate and test it still.

There;s all kind of shit in bread that is simply listed as 'raising agents' including pig pancreas extract (yum) and some carcinogenic chemicals that were banned here in 1992 or so but probably not in the US.

Also insane quantities of yeast for 5 minute rising, which leaves the bread fermenting in your stomach. Not to mention that refined white flour isn't the greatest thing for your stomach in the first place.

i remember once i went out with some friends to dinner, at some mexican spot everyone was telling me was pretty good. they brought out chips and salsa, and the salsa was actually really hot. both my best friend, chris, and i were wearing it out, and another friend says 'isnt that hot' and i calmly respond 'its ridiculously hot, but chris and i are in the middle of a 'big dick contest' and im not gonna lose. eventually he got a chile seed up his nose and started coughing uncontrollably, so game over.

stage 1 : drink or ignore

stage 2 : drink + bread

stage 3 : milk + bread

stage 4 : vinegar

a while back, I had a few fresh chilies with my dinner.

nothing special, just the regular type of green and red chilies

like in the photo:

8610196417ddcba75bdhi3.jpg

they tasted like harmless green peppers, so I tossed a few into my rice. it was a bit disappointing because I enjoy eating hot chilies.

after we finished the bunch, there was one tiny pepper remaining. It was about 2.5cm long, and the same green colour as the rest of them. I took a bite. I was expecting it to taste the same, only slightly sweeter (on account of it being smaller).

it fucking burned, man.

It took a few seconds to realized what happened. I could feel my tongue throbbing as the pain pulsed. I quickly downed my drink, then another, and another. I switched to milk, but it didn't do much. it was as if my tongue went through a hole-punch. the rest of my mouth burned too, even my lips.

I filled myself with liquids, but the pain wouldn't subside. I started to worry as I couldn't drink anymore, and that's when it hit me.

chilies are acidic, right? acid + base = pwn

I took a few teaspoons of vinegar and swished it around. sour taste, but the pain went away in seconds. I wished I had thought of it earlier.

I couldn't believe what I had just gone through. I'm not a stranger to hot food. I have a habit of using lots of hot chilies. I have about 6 different hot sauces at which I use, and I like the burning feeling I get when I use a little too much. This however, was the hottest thing I have ever put into my mouth.

I noticed a while later that a portion of skin below my lower lip was burned.

never trust those little fuckers.

s

chilies are acidic, right? acid + base = pwn

I took a few teaspoons of vinegar and swished it around. sour taste, but the pain went away in seconds. I wished I had thought of it earlier.

And then Vinegar was an acid and grade 8 science came and fucked you in the ass like a pervy gym teacher that you found using the showers before class.

The 'spice' is soluable in an acid though, vinegar does work. Lemonaide is what the ticket is.

Also in Thai cooking they just use Sugar when they add ridiculous amounts of chiles to something. It's hot but it doesn't linger quite as long. Before I just sucked it up and started eating a lot of spicy foods I'd either eat quickly, drink lots of water/beer, or slam a spoon of granulated sugar(or baking if it was readily available-dissolves faster) when it got really bad.

Anyone ever had burning shit after eatting really spicy food? Shit hurts... literally

A friend of mine always eats blazing hot wings at Buffalo Wild Wings and claims he has magma like turds.

And then Vinegar was an acid and grade 8 science came and fucked you in the ass like a pervy gym teacher that you found using the showers before class.

The 'spice' is soluable in an acid though, vinegar does work. Lemonaide is what the ticket is.

Also in Thai cooking they just use Sugar when they add ridiculous amounts of chiles to something. It's hot but it doesn't linger quite as long. Before I just sucked it up and started eating a lot of spicy foods I'd either eat quickly, drink lots of water/beer, or slam a spoon of granulated sugar(or baking if it was readily available-dissolves faster) when it got really bad.

Acid + Acid = ??? Expalin, I don't quite understand.

• 2 months later...

ressin like jesus

i killed a tobasco bottle in like a week. pretty gross i even take teasepoon at a time by itself. anyone know a step up for something spicier but not too spicy? preferably something easily available and won't require me to search thru china town for tiger penis.

ressin like jesus

i killed a tobasco bottle in like a week. pretty gross i even take teasepoon at a time by itself. anyone know a step up for something spicier but not too spicy? preferably something easily available and won't require me to search thru china town for tiger penis.

i recommend "Ass Reaper Hot Sauce"

enjoy.

http://www.hotsauce.com/Ass-Reaper-Hot-Sauce-p/1959ar.htm