Shades Of Greige

down4nyhc

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SHAD-MO23_V1.jpg

I'm rocking this hoodie right now, and it's slim, but not overly so. The pit-to-pit is 21.5, and there is definitely some tapering in the middle. Still, the hoodie leaves a bit of breathing room for those concerned with vice-grip slimness.

I've noticed no noteworthy problems in construction so far, just a few excess strands of thread here and there.

But as a side note-- when this thing is halfway zipped, so that the fabric with the button snaps folds over on the sides, the hoodie looks way better. Revolve just hasn't shown us this yet.

I'm rocking this hoodie right now, and it's slim, but not overly so. The pit-to-pit is 21.5, and there is definitely some tapering in the middle. Still, the hoodie leaves a bit of breathing room for those concerned with vice-grip slimness.

is that a medium? basically, if anyone has that diagonal zip hoodie, hows the sizing compared to, say, aa. thanks.

i just went around the corner to a local shop and they had this brand. i tried on the diagonal hoodie and its a tad bit bigger than a aa zip hoodie, but not that much. as far as the quality goes its okay. you would actually be paying for the details of the hoodie. i also tried on that wool military safari blazer in a sz med and the fit was off for me. the arm length was too short and a little tight across the back when i crossed my arms. overall, the quality was decent. does anyone have any info on the band collar jacket?

i ordered the band collar jacket in L and it turned out to be big. i hope medium isn't too small. the look of the fabrics used and the overall manufacturing seems pretty decent for the price. i really like the waxed cotton fabric even though it probably won't last long though.

SHAD-MO30_V1.jpg

Just got this in the mail from Revolve.

Construction: The quality isn't great but I didn't expect too much for the price. The fabric is decent, I like the color and found it comfortable to wear, very light and drapy (it's a thin jersey material). The stitching isn't great. Specifically, the surging is looser than I usually see around the hem and sleeves.

Fit: I usually wear an XS in AA shirts and got this in a Small. Without a shirt on under it it looks kind of weird - boxy in the shoulders and the draping around the neck is kind of off. However I don't really have a problem wearing a shirt under it so I can deal with it. It's also on the longer side (I'm 5'10"). Sleeves are about right for me. I am thinking that with a wash and dry it will probably shrink to fit more like on the model, though for the moment I am liking it a little looser.

I haven't seen this particular item discussed here but I'd guess some of their other similar items probably fit similarly, I can try to grab a picture of it on if there's interest.

I think I'm going to place an order for this coat tonight. Hopefully the wool isn't shit like people have said.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h265/captain5640/Myjacket.jpg

I actually put in my order for that. It's supposed to arrive either Saturday or Monday. I'll post pictures and discuss fit and quality for anyone who is interested. I'm still pretty broke, so this seemed like a reasonable price to pay for a reasonable coat. I doubt that it'll be crazy good, but at the price (and my discount for my first purchase with Revolve) I didn't really see any downside to at least trying it out.

I actually put in my order for that. It's supposed to arrive either Saturday or Monday. I'll post pictures and discuss fit and quality for anyone who is interested. I'm still pretty broke, so this seemed like a reasonable price to pay for a reasonable coat. I doubt that it'll be crazy good, but at the price (and my discount for my first purchase with Revolve) I didn't really see any downside to at least trying it out.

I ended up ordering it as well. Same arrival date too. I got 15% off since I've purchased from revolve before. If it doesn't fit right, the free return will be easy. I'll post some pics when I get it.

The coat came in today. In my opinion, which isn't the most informed, the fabric isn't horrible. Let me know what you think of the fit.

Please ignore my brother's ecletic taste of hoodies in the background.

ShadesofGreigeFit002.jpg

ShadesofGreigeFit003.jpg

ShadesofGreigeFit004.jpg

ShadesofGreigeFit005.jpg

Arms crossed fully in front.

ShadesofGreigeFit007.jpg

^ Mine came in too. Didn't have time for any photos. The lining feels nice on the coat itself (cheap as it is), but it's a bit uncomfortable in the pockets, because it's so clingy. I actually like the sharp cut of the lapel, and the buttons and pockets look pretty nice in real life. I'm going to have a tailor take in the armhole a bit, because it doesn't move quite right. But it is one of those double-breasted coats that look good un-buttoned, as it opens up in a pretty interesting way.

All in all, for the price that I got it for, I'm pretty darned satisfied.

Pictures later.

I'm going to take it to a tailor as well. Probably get the sleeves shortened slightly and the sides taken in a bit so it fits me like it fits the model in the revolve picture.

What do you mean when you say the armhole doesn't move quite right?