Nudie Slim Jim sizing Question

chim

Hi, I have a pair of Nudie Regular Ralf Dry Selvages at 28x32 and they're a bit loose. I am placing an order for a pair of Slim Jim drys, and I was wondering if I should get a 27x32 or a 28x32. Im pretty damned skinny 5'9 ~120 lbs, but I'm worried about the 27s being too small. I wear size 27 in Loomstate Ethos' and also Earnest Sewns and they're fine, but on others I'm a 28.

Do slim jims run true to size compared to the regular ralf? What do you recommend? I'm also beginning to work out and stuff, so Im going to be terribly pissed if the jeans don't fit.

Guest Berget__

I wear a 34 in almost every pair of jeans I have (but i wear them low on the hip) including 2 pairs of Nudie loose frank...and I also have a 34 Slim Jim...theyre not that tight...but they were pretty tight at first...but now after about a year of wear the fit pretty loose just the way i like it...So im not really sure what you should do...my Jims were really tight at first so i suppose they fit pretty true to size...the best thing would obviously be to try them on...but im guessing you dont have that opportunity?

I aint gotta get money man money get me

Yeah, I don't have an opportunity to try it on because I live in Texas; the nearest retailer is in Austin, and they don't carry slims. I wear my ralf's low on the hip; I just don't want a pair of extremely huge slim jims, but then again I don't want a pair of jims that won't even fit. I usually would have no problem with a 27 i think, but since these are coming in from sweden I wanna be absolutely sure that I'm making the right choice. Just getting a little paranoid

Guest Berget__

dsc000353ml.jpg

This pic shows my slim jims...and on top of them my loose franks. As you can see theres almost no difference. My slim jims were maybe a few millimetres bigger but thats beacuse they never been washed and used more than my loose franks. So i dont think there should be any difference in RR 27 and SJ 27. I'd say go with the 27s...maybe they'll be uncomfortable in the beginning but they will definetly stretch out a bit.

hope this helps

Edited by Berget__ on Aug 3, 2005 at 05:56 AM

berget : quick question though

How high is the rise on the slim jims? I tried bootcut ola's and the waist was incredibly crazy low. I heard that slims are a little bit higher than that? Do you wear your regular ralfs and slims at the same spot waistline wise?

Guest Berget__

Not really sure about what the rise part on the jeans are (Im from sweden so English isnt my first language) but now that you mentioned it a tried on both my loose franks and my Slim Jims. And I noticed that i wear my Slim Jims a litte lower than my Loose franks...but not much. Its just that i dont really like overly tight jeans...so if I wear my Slim Jims a little lower i think it looks better.

zoovillage.com listed 27x32 slims as having a 72 cm waist. I checked my waist at where I wear all of my jeans and its definitely ~75 cms, which is what the 28x32 slim is listed at. I think I'm just going to go with 28x32, because I can't imagine like squeezing my body into it like that. I tried to wear my belt at 72 cm and it wouldnt even fit