MetroPop Magazine's DENIM Issue

thedonger

Don't know if any of you have seen this issue on the newstands, but it focuses on mostly mass market, trendy denim companies, as opposed to the boutiquey super high-end stuff that people on superfuture rave about. Absolutely no mention of any Japanese denim companies (well except for Evisu) so I'm sure most of you will not like this magazine. Also, pretty imbalanced coverage - the issue devotes a couple pages to companies like Mavi and Penguin (didn't know they made denim) while sticking in a couple paragraphs about Corpus and Nudie. However, decent articles about LVC, Rogan, Tsubi and others. I picked it up because I was interested in reading about the different design and manufacturing philosophy for these various companie.

Oh this is funny, forgot to mention that the article about Diesel features two separate quotes taken from SuperTalk (Serge? Ringring? Blanco?), which according to the magazine is " a site devoted to global shopping thats frequented by intensely devoted denim heads."

Here are the quotes:

"I'd say Diesel is ridiculously mainstream right now; however that isnt any reason not to buy it...They do have some kick-ass denim, so I wouldn't let the fact that they're mainstream keep you from getting a nice pair of jeans."

"Do Diesel sucks? I know most Diesel jeans are the exactly the denim to own. I've never owned any and never really bothered to look at the Diesel store in downtown SF. But.... there's this one pair I see inside hanging somewhere that I kinda like...."

I guess someone here is almos famous...Goes to show that this is board is influential and that the trendwatchers are watching YOU.

Edited by thedonger on Jul 31, 2005 at 01:26 PM

Edited by thedonger on Jul 31, 2005 at 01:27 PM

Quote:

Oh this is funny, forgot to mention that the article about Diesel features two separate quotes taken from SuperTalk (Serge? Ringring? Blanco?), which according to the magazine is " a site devoted to global shopping thats frequented by intensely devoted denim heads."

Here are the quotes:

"I'd say Diesel is ridiculously mainstream right now; however that isnt any reason not to buy it...They do have some kick-ass denim, so I wouldn't let the fact that they're mainstream keep you from getting a nice pair of jeans."

"Do Diesel sucks? I know most Diesel jeans are the exactly the denim to own. I've never owned any and never really bothered to look at the Diesel store in downtown SF. But.... there's this one pair I see inside hanging somewhere that I kinda like...."

I guess someone here is almos famous...Goes to show that this is board is influential and that the trendwatchers are watching YOU.

--- Original message by thedonger on Jul 31, 2005 01:23 PM

Sounds like lazy journalism.

Quote:
Quote:

Here are the quotes:

--- Original message by thedonger on Jul 31, 2005 01:23 PM

Sounds like lazy journalism.

--- Original message by teejayess on Jul 31, 2005 04:34 PM

Nah, don't think the author was a lazy journalist...rather he/she was trying to give subtle props to the denim snobs on SuperTalk.