zara, topman, hm or club monaco for cheap suit?

alleyooptroop

i know that suits from the above stores aren't the best quality but i'm looking for something that's fairly slim fitting that won't break the bank. i think i'll be able to get something for under $300 from any of these places. i'll probably go with black but maybe grey. just wanted to get opinions. thanks in advance for any replies.

I'm not very familiar with Zara's products (and it doesn't help that the stock changes every few minutes) But I really don't think you can go wrong with any of the above choices. However, Club Monaco is the only above store I've been to and I really don't think their everyday clothes are that bad for your money, although I'd rather not pay THAT much for it.

i just recently bought a suit from zara, chose their suits over the ones at h&m. they are the both the same price but at least to me the zara suits felt like they were constructed much better than the H&M suits, and if this is going to be ur first suit like it was mine, then i think zaras a good choice. decent initial cut for the price, and needed only minor alterations.

club monaco is def not as cheap as the other brands i mentioned. the jacket alone is gonna run at $299.

i recently bought a one button suit jacket and pants from zara which came out to $290. zara definitely has the best cut and buying separates ensures that you not only get a well fitting jacket but pants as well.

thanks for the input guys. here's the current dilemma. i went in to club monaco today and tried on a suit jacket in a 36. the fit was spot on. did the same at zara and the 36 was looser. shoulders felt big. i think there will be more alterations needed on the zara suit. i'm going to try and make it to hm tomorrow to see how they fit.

There are the slim black h&m suits on sale on ebay all the time for less than retail. I'd check there. Also http://www.thickasthievesla.com/index.html suits are only a bit more expensive ($400-500) and great quality, and fits. Things can generally be a bit more custom too.

For a cheapy suit that you don't care how long it lasts, than zara or h&m would fit the bill. I've never seen a club monaco one.

quick update. i was in the oc so i stopped by south coast plaza. checked out zara, hm and club monaco. no one had my size. i also stopped by benetton. they didn't have any style i liked - they had both a black and grey suit but both were 3 button - but i tried on a size 44 in another 2 button jacket just to check for fit. damn! it's like it was made for me. even the length was perfect and i'm a short guy. i just wish they had it in a different color and material. anyone had experience with benetton suits?

• 1 year later...
Go thrift and get it tailored if you need to.

I picked up a vintage YSL suit at a cancer store for £30 didn't even need surgery.

seconded. i have a YSL and an armani suit from goodwill that only needed some hemming. scour a couple good thrift stores in rich neighborhoods and you're set for sure

I'm still having a hard time finding slacks to accompany a couple blazers I recently picked up @ H&M. We have Zara and Monaco in dallas and I've found Zara's stuff fits a bit "weird". I'm five eight but find their stuff runs as if its made for someone six foot four. Their suit slacks really don't run that narrow either. Monaco is quality and highly suggest it if you're looking to spend a bit more $. Their slim slacks go for around $140. You'll spend a nice amount of $ on the blazer though. I have yet to try them on but I've noticed the leg runs straight. Considering I like a taper I'd have to get them tailored so I might go the topman route if I can figure out what size waist I need to get. I'm a 31 and all they make is 30 or 32.