Sugar Cane Model Lineup

chantheman

I posted a question about the different styles of Hawaiis that Sugar Cane makes, and gimmegimme told me i should make a model lineup list like he did with Samurai. I thought it might be a good idea as Sugar Cane is a pretty popular brand of Japanese Denim on this board.

Keep in mind this is a rough draft and a work in progress. any additional info is appreciated and will be added to this post.. hopefully this will come on handy for other members and newbies on this board, as I know when i first started reading this board i was easily confused and still to this day get confused.

Sugar Cane Denim

Standard Denim

HD40184 - 11 oz. comes in one wash and raw. Model was originally designed after railroad worker engineers.

HD40610 - brown duck pants. comes only in a one wash. style is the same as the HD40814

SC40586A - black cord button fly

SC40585A - 11.75 oz.

TS40494 - red and orange stitching

SC40590 - comes in brown and olive. 100% cotton. pockets are flannel

SC40587 - hickory striped painters pants

SC40065 - also known as union stars. comes raw, one wash, hard wash and dark wash

SC41945 - modeled after the old LEE cowboy jeans.

SC91947 - the famous 1947 XX model that comes one wash, hard wash and a special hard wash (SC41947-SHW)

SC40321 - narrow bootcut style. 14 oz. comes one wash, hard wash and light blue hard wash

SC41966 - patch is stamped "Made in the USA" comes one wash, hard wash, special hard wash

SC41955 - designed after the 1955 representing the ZXX model. comes raw, speciak hard wash

SC40428 - garment dyed in the style of the SC41947. comes in of brown and gray

SC40252 - 5 pocket oxford pants. comes in gray and charcoal gray. cut is thinner than SC41947

TN40341 - 5 pocket oxford pants. 100% cotton. patch says "TUF-NUT" comes in two tone checks. comes in blue/black checks and tan/black checks

SC40380 - Embroidered along the back seat in yellos stitching is the Sugar Cane banner icon.

Japanese Sugar Mullet Denim

HY40489 - Okinoya sugar mullet

SC40200N - 14.25 oz. 100% natural indigo Shikoku Tokushima Masa indigo

SC40300N - 14.25 oz. 100% natural indigo Ryukyu indigo

SC40400N - 14.25 oz. hawaii 100% natural indigo

SC40500N - 14.25 oz. Edo 100% natural indigo

SC40301A - One wash Oki and hard wash

SC40401A - hawaii one wash mixed synthetic and natural indigo

SC40501A - Edo Ai one wash mixed synthetic and natural indigo. one wash and hard wash. back buckle. 14 oz. 5 pocket

SC40302 - Oki's natural indigo dyed. mud dyeing (charcoal), persimmon tannin (Brown), dried grass (yellow), green tea (dark green)

SC40360 - Natural died chino cloth pants. comes in dried grass (432), persimmon (437) and green tea (442)

SC40100 - hawaii

IM40414 - straight leg indian motorcycle. indigo denim

IM40495 - bootcut indian motorcycle black denim.

SC40105 - Okinawa

SC40103 - Hawaiian sugar millet currently in production

SC40210 - Hawaiian sugar millet currently in production

SC40601 - Ryukyu indigo mixed SLACK DENIM model. New Okinawa Model

SC40600 - 12-oz. Hand-Woven Selvage Denim on old wooden hand looms

(Not by Power Shuttle Loom) Satokibi Denim - 50% Cotton / 50% Sugar Cane fibers. Dyed with 100% pure Okinawa Indigo by HAND

Collaboration Denim

SC40501- Collaboration with the band Begin. Rainbow weft. front pocket on the left thigh.

SC40460 - Mihara Yasuhiro Jeans

SC47161 - Mr Freedom Jeans

Denim Shorts

SC50555 - hawaiian denim

SC50551 - bamboo shoot color denim

SC50550 - sugar millet

Some minor corrections: I think that the 1955 and 1966 are the only ones that could be said to be "Made in the USA" (i.e. they're sewn together over here) So maybe change the title of the first section to Repro Models?

Also the Begin jeans are not rainbow denim, but rather have a rainbow weft (I believe the warp is still indigo)

Other than that, good stuff!

yea what i was initially thinking was having the thumbnail on the post itself, but then i thought that might look too cluttered on top of the 10 picture max per post.

Great!

Only thing is that you seemed to have linked to thumbnails.

Can't see much.....

Also Tweeds, encyclopedia?

Some minor corrections: I think that the 1955 and 1966 are the only ones that could be said to be "Made in the USA" (i.e. they're sewn together over here) So maybe change the title of the first section to Repro Models?

Also the Begin jeans are not rainbow denim, but rather have a rainbow weft (I believe the warp is still indigo)

Other than that, good stuff!

corrections will be made later today

thanks

keep them coming

i thought the okinawas were based on a 45 cut, lht like the lees and the hawaiis a 47 cut and rht like the traditional 47s

although there was this guy on mynudies who claimed to have a 1947 but left hand, i think they make them

left hand 47s: http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sugarcane.jp%2Fstandard%2Fstandard01.html&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8

funny...I owned those and I didn't even notice. ha

edit - oops...sorry Chan...I'm shitting up your thread...ask Tweedles to delete all these posts later if you want ;)

no worries. this is good stuff to update the thread with. i fixed the pic links for the first group.

i thought the okinawas were based on a 45 cut, lht like the lees and the hawaiis a 47 cut and rht like the traditional 47s

although there was this guy on mynudies who claimed to have a 1947 but left hand, i think they make them

left hand 47s: http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sugarcane.jp%2Fstandard%2Fstandard01.html&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8

I thought all three (oki, edo & hawaii) were based on a 47 cut? Although when I tried on the Hawaii's, they were definitely sized differently than the Oki's.

And I'm pretty sure that link shows a picture of the 47's, and then explains that the 2nd repro they did in that series was a 45, which was LHT and based on Lee....translations are so wonky though, so who knows.

• 2 weeks later...

any info on the jeans above? ill add them to the list but i dont know anything about them

フロントボタンフライ、バックシンチ、サスペンダーボタン、リベット等、細部に渡り凝ったパーツを使い、非常に完成されたワーキングデニムパンツが出来上がりました。かなり濃色の生デニムで色落ちが楽しみな逸品です。

Lot    M41151

Color   N(Nonウォッシュ) 

Size   M< W29-31 L36> 

※SHRINK-TO-FIT  SHRINKAGE LESS THAN 10% となっております。

thanks