Looking for a Digital Camera.

~Stangzorized~

my camera just got stolen and i'm looking to pick up a new one. the canon sd800is

for the Canon SD8xxIS owners... do you have any problems with the on-off switch, plastic case, and overall camera size? aside from a lack of several minor adjustable manual settings (aperture, shutter speed), the only real negative feedback i've read has been about that.

Seems like the canon G9 is the chosen one. Does it come with the viewfinder too?

its built in but the lens is in the viewfinder and its pretty distracting, also there is no type of display int he viewfinder so its kinda useless unless you're on full auto.

i used a friends g9 and was not impressed at all to be honest i think anyone would be much better off with one of the elph's with IS. unless you absoultely have to shoot raw.

• 7 months later...
i vote for any of the panasonic dmc-fx series for casual use - they fit easily in your pocket, startup quickly and have a leica lens... all for 200-300 depending. in fact they manufacture the leica digital camera which is also available as a dmc-lx (next model up) if you don't want to shell out the extra $$$ for the branding.

word. just bought the fx35. should be here next week.

TURN UP THE NOISE.