new Foo Fighters album

mike lowrey

anyone else looking forward to this? I was a huge In Your Honour fan so I have big hopes for the new album.

51dbPeHBQUL._AA240_.jpg

coming out in a month. first single The Pretender can be heard here: http://www.myspace.com/foofighters

didn't impress me hugely, but Best Of You wasn't my favorite track on the last album either so dunno.

I'm really looking forward to this album. The single is pretty good, although I haven't yet heard the full version.. but it kinda reminds me of why I started totally loving the Foos in the first place. I really wanted to go to the small gigs they had in London/Brighton last week but I couldn't make it.. could have added to my tally of 15 Foo gigs so far..

One of the very worst bands of our generation. I believe they have made a grand total of 3 songs that sound any different from the rest of their songs.

"Best Of You" was a mind-numbingly bad single; so glad they have something new coming out so I won't have to listen to that crap anymore.

No offense Lowrey...............:D

you fail at music...

no offense.

Sure; they fall directly in line with crappy, generic dorm-rock such as Nickelback. If Grohl had never been in Nirvana these guys wouldn't even be half as hyped and everyone knows this. Not minding their music is one thing (Grohl is somewhat talented in his ability to play multiple instruments and sing decently), but to act like their songs are revolutionary and boundary-crossing is plain idiotic. In other news, I've never really cared for anything you have to say, so I'm not concerned that you disagree with me.

no offense.

Guest JonasW

I've like some of the foos singles but have never really gotten into them.

I think Dave Grohl is forgiven for any sins just for playing drums on Songs for the Deaf.

that broke up sunnyday didn't it.

Wasn't it that and Jeremy Engik's reborn again Christian stage?

I think throughout the span of the Foo Fighter's life they've consistently succeeded in creating material that stayed true to who they are while still remaining popular. I hate that bullshit about saying how bands evolve so I don't think that's the case, but rather the foo fighters are just a flat out good rock band and have a sound that anyone can enjoy.

If Grohl had never been in Nirvana these guys wouldn't even be half as hyped and everyone knows this.

come on he played drums in Nirvana. I listened to Nirvana and to me he was just the drummer. building a whole new, and yes very succesful band as a lead singer is not really the most typical step after that. I think they have a very different sound from Nickelback, but if it sounds the same to you I cant really do much about that. but to me thats kind of an "all white people look alike" type of statement :P

oh no you didn! dont even compare them to nickleback england :eek: !

all ive gotta say is try playing all my life and singing at the sametime. their level of musicianship is pretty up there. dont be fooled by their fan demographic and simple "sounding" song structures.

with that said, i am looking forward to their album. a lot.

• 4 weeks later...

listened through the album yesterday.. somehow it felt a bit underwhelming, not a bad album at all, but its missing some of the epic-ness of tracks like DOA, Deepest Blues, No Way Back etc. but then again those might've been a bit different from past albums.

Cheer up Boys was one of the tracks that stuck in my head. interesting to see how the album feels after a few listens.

I think FF is one of the few bands I've liked from start to finish, I loved Colour and Shape and In Your Honour was possibly their best album. their sound obviously changed a bit so I can see how some people might feel different though.