evisu no.2 denim 2000 cut

edmond

That's cause they are sanforized...that the weave of the Evisu's appears to be tighter...And anyways , I don't think the tightness of the weave has got anyting to do with the actual quality of the denim...

I don't think that it is the sanforizing that is making it that different. You are talking about a 5%~10% difference there.. it could simply be a tighter weave, as for quality, all things factor into the quality. If you don't think the weave matters or the weight (the Sams are a much higher oz no?) then you are talking about thread quality, type of cotton and dye only then. Ever seen Heddie Lovu's? The quality on those then should then easily be better than Sams..

Fact is alot is prefence, tight weave vs loose weave, hard vs soft denim, long slubby threads or not. Hard to which is better but easy to say which you may prefer.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elaborate on this comment please.

Samurai probably just get frowned upon by the serious repro-purists by being so liberal with their interpetations. So I wouldn't say hate.

Take for instance:

edlee101.jpg

Versus this Samurai version:

samurai101.jpg

The Samurai version is more juiced up with cooler details. So its not a true repro or even a trendy version, just something that is unique to the Samurai vision.

Anyway, just my opinion. I could be wrong.

their runway stuff that show was styled very, very well.

all part of the plan to getting back on track, I suppose.

Btw, I tried on some no.2 2000s at BiG over the weekend (would've tried the No.1s if they had my size) I went down two sizes to a 28 (waist measured a little less than 30 and they were in a one wash state) and they fit A.M.A.Z.I.N.G

Now to figure out my size in No.1... or maybe I'll jsut stick with No.2? who knows...

Well I've owned Samurai and evisu and I can safely say you can't compare them. They are completely different. Saying either is better is like comparing chalk with cheese. Personally I feel the evisu denim creases better but the dye job on the samurais is better than evisus no.2. I actually don't like too much slub so it kinda put samurai lower on my lists but the fading is definately "unique".....

their runway stuff that show was styled very, very well.

all part of the plan to getting back on track, I suppose.

Btw, I tried on some no.2 2000s at BiG over the weekend (would've tried the No.1s if they had my size) I went down two sizes to a 28 (waist measured a little less than 30 and they were in a one wash state) and they fit A.M.A.Z.I.N.G

Now to figure out my size in No.1... or maybe I'll jsut stick with No.2? who knows...

Just called BiG, and they have them in my size... but the lady on the phone didn't know how much they cost, just that they were "probably over $300..." Any idea how much they actualy cost?

just to echo beets and cheep, I would shoot Gordon an email and see what the official status is. Last I checked (two weekends ago) he was still waiting for word from Evisu Japan and only had some deadstock left over from the Paris store as "samples" for fit.

And let us know what he says! I sometimes feel guilty about pestering him about the Evisus... but I guess it doesn't count if it's from someone else :)

I'm working on a size 34 currently. Picked up by a family member in Japan, I didn't get to try them on....would have sized down -2. Weird thing about it was that one of my belt loops was missing. No rips at all just looks like they overlooked it. I just hacked one off of some stf 501's (Sorry Fred Meyer:p ) and put it on myself.

Heard back from Gordon.

HI,

We do have some dead stock Evisu pieces in stock and those are for sale. The #2 2000 we have in limited sizes and various back pocket styles. The price is $305.

Regards, Gordon

Personally, I wouldn't spend $305 for these. If I decide to get them, I'll either try to order off of Rakuten, or pay a proxy. At any rate, S5000BK's are higher up on my list of jeans I want.

Heard back from Gordon.

Personally, I wouldn't spend $305 for these. If I decide to get them, I'll either try to order off of Rakuten, or pay a proxy. At any rate, S5000BK's are higher up on my list of jeans I want.

Well it's cheaper than what I heard No.2 2000 would cost in Europe. Something like GBP250 or something insane like that. I got my machine painted 2000s for AUD$245 shipped. Had I got a proxy to get my a pair of handpained gulls would have been about $30 more.

Well it's cheaper than what I heard No.2 2000 would cost in Europe. Something like GBP250 or something insane like that. I got my machine painted 2000s for AUD$245 shipped. Had I got a proxy to get my a pair of handpained gulls would have been about $30 more.

$245AUD is just about $200 USD. I'd pay that (plus proxy fees if necessary), but $305 is too high. I pmed Edmond a few days ago, and he told me he got his for about $190 shipped from Earthmarket. I don't really care about hand painted gulls, either. If I could get them done for a little more, I might consider it. But I'd be fine with the standard white.

hi mates .. if you can get from BIG get it from them.. like if your a first time jean buyer.. and such.. the price on the denim is worth it

shipping from japan to th us or europe will go for around 40- 50 us dollars a jean

i get mine for 30 dollar a pair cause i know people from fedex..

good luck on your purchase anywhere you purchase those evisu's dont worry youll be happy with them..