Need a good hotel in olso

jafe

According to the Economist, Oslo is still the most expensive city in the world. Here's a list of affordable hotels in Oslo (including description and pricing): http://use-it.unginfo.oslo.no/dokumenter/accommodation_oslo.pdf.

For a bit more style (and a lot less budget), stay at the Ladies' floor of the Grand Hotel.

The Grims Grenka hotel opens on September 1st:

GG_Deluxe_350.jpg

i wish i remembered where i stayed in oslo. all i remember was that it was 80$ for a hostel. 4 beds, 1 room. so fucking expensive. food is expensive, cigs are expensive, and beer is superexpensive. the cheapest economy meal in all the country is 7-11's bacon wrapped hotdogs (footlong) for $8 a piece. the fjords are fucking amazing though

i wish i remembered where i stayed in oslo. all i remember was that it was 80$ for a hostel. 4 beds, 1 room. so fucking expensive. food is expensive, cigs are expensive, and beer is superexpensive. the cheapest economy meal in all the country is 7-11's bacon wrapped hotdogs (footlong) for $8 a piece. the fjords are fucking amazing though

Ah ha. I've never eaten so many hotdogs. And it's like 20quid for a pretty average pizza.

Still - amazing place, would love to be able to afford to travel the whole country.

Actually - I thought the public transport and taxis weren't a bad price - well, about the same as London, which I guess is still pretty bad.

yeah sadly as poly says, hotdogs are some of the cheapest food to buy out..the different kiosks do have "sales" where the hot dogs cost like 25NOK, which is like $4 or $5 quite often. dont know about the oslo public transportation but i think the taxis are more expensive than in london. and the shuttle going from gardermoen to oslo s is like what, 170NOK...for a 20 minute ride or so..that's absurd.. i think there are some kind of good deal with the norwegian railways as well.. you can travel how far you want as long as you use the 'region trains' for 199NOK.

going out is quite expensive. i think most resturant meals cost from around 150-200NOK and upward a meal, this is excluded beverages and deserts.

as an example me and two friends were out eating last week. we had tapas, a bottle of stillwater, a bottle of white wine and a bottle of soft drink. i think we ended up at exactly 1000NOK.

buy wine and/or beer from the stores (10NOK per beer and 80-90NOK for a cheap decent wine) and chill in the parks instead if the weather allows it.