inside out soaking?

drift3r

I SOAKED MY JEANS TODAY! YAY!

...and in my excitement i forgot to turn them inside out. they spent 30 minutes in hot water with little agitation, and they seemed to lose quite a bit of starch. am i screwed? what exactly does turning them inside out do? i didn't seem to lose any indigo. i flipped them inside out to dry just in case... =/

I think your jeans is just allright, when you soak em just in hot water it isnt that important to turn them left, cause its just water and not washing powder.

Ive soaked my nudie jeans a few days ago too, insideout, and the starching is gone too, thats normal when you soak em..

ahahahahaha I can't believe you soaked that shit right side out! My dad would have disowned me for that shit, and my mom would have smacked me upside the head. And rightfully so!

WHAT AN IDIOT

Hey mate, there are 2 threads available where you can get info from - the encyclopedia + small questions thread. In future it's probably best to stick your small questions like this in there rather than starting a new thread.

Here you go mate, I changed it around a bit for you so you come off as a decent guy for once.

hahha, couldn't agree more, get a fucking life people

I for one am glad that people are starting to point out how rude some people on this forum are. Hopefully it will make people reconsider their post before they write an unhelpful smart-arse reply back..

That's one reason it's been said to soak them in AS LITTLE WATER AS POSSIBLE .

less loss of indigo and starches but still max shrinkage .

1" of water after the jeans soak up whatever and then flipping them over occassionaly thru the soak works fine for me .

just use some starch on the areas of high contrast after you wear them a little . just do that maybe once a month lightly for some crease sharpening

I for one am glad that people are starting to point out how rude some people on this forum are. Hopefully it will make people reconsider their post before they write an unhelpful smart-arse reply back..

Round of applause.

I get that the same poser 569 times is maddening but this gaff can be far more haughty than it oughta be.

Look out the window - see that? It's life.

• 4 weeks later...

kid, you havent even worn them yet. theres no way plain water will ruin your jeans. you'll get a lot more pub(or at least a lot less flack) if you dont start new threads for small questions. but what do i know...i have no rep!!!(and i like it that way)

haha, I can't believe I got neg rep for this thread! I guess it's rude to give shit for this, but how fucking stupid is it to cry over not turning your jeans inside out? I washed my sammies in the washer on hot, dried them in a dryer on hot, didn't turn them inside out. I THINK THEY ARE OKAY, THEY DIDN'T FALL APART