Team DMZ

Guest jmatsu
yeah i know. there's a place in boston called shabu zen that I really like, but they charge an arm and leg for sides, e.g. 5 bucks for 4 small shrimpz...I wish I could bring my own shrimp to shabux2 cuz i like to eat like 20 of them at a go.

Koreans really arent big on shabu (or I havent been to a joint that has anything that resembles shabu or sukiyaki), but Lib or Dizz might know better.

they actually have kimchee flavored nabe in japan. hk has some crazy shit. they come in a rectangular bowl thingy. there is a multi divider in it that enables you to eat a vast array of flavors.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^butter and corn are a Hokkaido thing, me thinks.

I wanna do some Korean BBQ with DMZ. :( I pity you guys without access to the world's best Korean BBQ spreads for like $15.

LA has some pretty decent buffet style bbqs for < $20 with every cut/type of meat possible. Pretty clean and good too.

no idea, have never ventured out to try it here. There's a sukiyaki place I wanna try but it will disappoint me badly, I'm pretty sure.

I like to eat sukiyaki at Imahan, and they have their own Wagyu, so I'm sure any Korean Sukiyaki will just embarrass me for being Korean.

Guest jmatsu

hey i know korean smoke alot. i love smoking. i'll trade you guys some jap cigs (besides mild 7's/seven stars which alot of koreans seem smoke) for some authentic korean shit.

what are some of the better korean originals?

LA has some pretty decent buffet style bbqs for < $20 with every cut/type of meat possible. Pretty clean and good too.

Korean BBQ includes several bottles of soju my man. Recently a friend and I grabbed a quick bite at my favorite samgyupsal joint in Shinchon and I think the bill was about 25,000W for everything.

Guest jmatsu
Korean BBQ includes several bottles of soju my man. Recently a friend and I grabbed a quick bite at my favorite samgyupsal joint in Shinchon and I think the bill was about 25,000W for everything.

in korea, for the all you can eat yakiniku places, do they charge you more if you leave left over food on your plates?

hey i know korean smoke alot. i love smoking. i'll trade you guys some jap cigs (besides mild 7's/seven stars which alot of koreans seem smoke) for some authentic korean shit.

what are some of the better korean originals?

Korean cigarettes are controlled by KTG (Korean Tobacco and Ginseng) (HAHA) which might funnier than Japan's Tobacco and Salt control group.

Anyhow, Korean cigarettes suck. The traditional ones are This and This Plus (which I think is the light version, despite it's name), and then there are a few Virginia Slims-eque smokes. Then every year they have a new North Korean-made cigarette come out which always gives me a scratchy throat.

Most Koreans smoke some form of Dunhill, Marlboro, Raison, or Parliament, and then there's small faction of Mild Seven smokers.

thats a pretty good deal. soju and samgyupsal goes so good together.

Smokers that travel to S. Korea generally know to bring their own cartons b/c the smokes there are baaaad.

Shinchon should be much cheaper than the Kangnam area...I'm paying about 8,000 KRW for one serving (200 grams).

I definitely would avoid those places that sell servings for as low as 3,500 a pop. You gotta pay extra for the fucking panchan. Bastards.

in korea, for the all you can eat yakiniku places, do they charge you more if you leave left over food on your plates?

No idea, I don't think I've ever been to a Viking over here. They probably wouldn't though. I really live in my own world though and probably get away with shit because I'm a foreigner.

As I see it, there's really no big difference between BBQ joints all over the city except for the few that serve beef, since they can serve Australian beef or be really expensive and serve marbled Korean beef. Pork is the same all around I think.

Korean BBQ in essence should not be so much about quality, rather than quantity. Red hot yuntan (those long cylindrical coals) burn the shit out of the tiny pieces of meat anyway. Fill out the grill with as much shit as possible, a couple dips, tons of sides, a jjigae is requisite, maybe a pot of steamed eggs, korean shiso plus red leaf lettuce and maybe more kinds of greens if they're fancy....

i love the steamed egg with bits of scallion in it, i wonder how you make it. i'd make it at home, eat it and just chill...

dude you better ask somebody. That shit is the possibly the easiest Korean dish of them all, you can do it in the microwave for fuck's sake!!

jmatsu, what do you need to know about Korean women?

Guest jmatsu

jmatsu, what do you need to know about Korean women?

i dunno...

which are more difficult to deal with? korean nationals or korean-americans/canadians?

how prominent is plastic surgery /vanity operations in korea?

do korean girls particiapte in anal sex or is that a no-no?

Guest jmatsu
if i were to ever date a korean chick, i think a korean-canadian sounds pretty good. canadians are so nice. look at analog for instance.

are you an international man (of mystery)? list the ethnicities of all your past conquests.

^^

Korean Americans/Canadians are more difficult in terms of getting laid but easier to hang with given cultural similarities.

I would say out of 5 girls, 3 have had plastic surgery. Out of the same 5, all 5 have thought about it. In Apkujung, there are at least 5 plastic surgeons located on every block for a 2-mile radius. Its amazing.

Anal sex is a no no. Trust me. I've tried several times with a success rate of about 1 out of every 10 girls.

1. Korean-Koreans are more difficult, Korean-Americans are easier going. However, K-K's have low level game and can be duped, the whole lot of them. K-A's can be butter faces and still freeze you out if they want to because they have American-style game. End of the night though, you're probably twice as likely to walk out of a club with a K-A girl.

2. Plastic surgery is no joke dude. As many plastic surgeons as dentists clincs, it seems like. Go to a department store on any given day and you're sure to spot at least 50 girls with that eyelid surgery without trying too hard. Nosejobs are well done over here too.

3. Anal doesn't go over as well here, but you know, that just means they haven't tried it either. I had a girl once who was adamant about it for like 2 months but you know, one day it happened and the girl had some sort of revelation.

Guest jmatsu

In Apkujung, there are at least 5 plastic surgeons located on every block for a 2-mile radius. Its amazing.

wow. the plastic surgery trade must be pretty lucrative. with my limited experience with korean women, they're either really fast or just prudish cockteases. maybe they just don't like me.

the foreign exchange student kids hang out at Catchlight in Hongdae all the time... I always felt like that place was so full of naive K-A girls that you could probably pull chicks while waiting in line to get in.

K-A's who the put up the bitch shield over here, fuck em. 95% of the time they don't look as nice as the Korean local girls and still have most of the same personality traits anyway, so what's the benefit? That they speak English? Most Korean local girls can be forced to speak English (and do it well, I might add) if need be...

wow. the plastic surgery trade must be pretty lucrative. with my limited experience with korean women, they're either really fast or just prudish cockteases. maybe they just don't like me.
Exactly. Its purely hit or miss with these girls.

The younger generation of Korean girls usually also have this curiosity fueled by growing up on American television and portrayals of love about skipping the whole formal Korean dating process and having some sort of liberated love life as well. I just feel like it's my job to turn that curiosity into some sort of resolve and action. It's pretty easy actually, you just gotta explain to them that attraction isn't to be helped, and that sometimes you just gotta do what you yourself want to do. Common sense isn't the first thing that comes to mind for Koreans.

dismalfuture

majority of my guy friends told me that k-k girls are freaks in bed.

one time, my ex-coworker (k-k) asked me if i had a bf and i told her that i was in a long-distance relationship. then, she told me that i should have a bitch on the side because that's what everyone does here and i haven't had k-a girls telling me that kind of ish.

the foreign exchange student kids hang out at Catchlight in Hongdae all the time... I always felt like that place was so full of naive K-A girls that you could probably pull chicks while waiting in line to get in.

K-A's who the put up the bitch shield over here, fuck em. 95% of the time they don't look as nice as the Korean local girls and still have most of the same personality traits anyway, so what's the benefit? That they speak English? Most Korean local girls can be forced to speak English (and do it well, I might add) if need be...

catchlight is like a middle school dance party. that place is so dead. you sound like a you had your share of bad experience with the k-a's. i sense bitterness.