A.p.c. F/w 08.09

Gabriel

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really excited for the Fall/Winter line, but I have to say I'm really disappointed. I'm sure the quality is great like always, but nothing in the collection seems new to me.

Same polos.

Narrow Jacket is boring.

Military Jacket is interesting, I'll have to see it in person.

Seen the parka before.

The Leather Jacket caught my attention, but not really feeling it.

Sgt Pepper Jacket... ugh.

Cord NS... cool, but I already have enough slim fit cords.

Cashmere Jeans? Um, no thanks.

Same pullovers/shirts.

I was much more impressed by the S/S collection :( I was really hoping APC had something up its sleeves for winter.

Typically on this board, when one expresses extreme love/hate for an item it will sway subsequent posters.

This is the strongest collection yet and everyone here will end up eating it up including myself.

yeah I like most of it, of course they cater to a wide audience for men anyway so no one will just buy everything... As usual some of it seems overpriced for what it is.

But I always liked the no-logo-ness of apc, I don't like the brand being pushed, it feels like it hurts the communist ego-less nature of it. But then again only a certain type of customer will buy an apc logo sweater.

And also I think that the british influence (slim, mod, classic, etc) has always been part of apc, before DH did it, so that's okay.

Which would go better with what you plan on wearing underneath? Also, which goes better with your complexion and your hair color or other headgear you have? The green would go better with jeans than the navy. The navy better with brown trousers and skirts if that's your thing. If you wear a lot of black go with the green too.

ignore this.

navy.

wow some really strong love for the Navy... hmmm... I'd say I wear lots of black, grey and nutmeg colours and a bit of pastels... I'm asian with dark hair... dunno if that makes any difference...

I'm also intrigued by the the new cashmere jeans...

I am also a longtime customer of APC, and i feel the brand has gone downhill the last couple seasons. It really feels like it's mainstreaming itself, trying too hard to be trendy, but ends up indeed looking like a cheap version of old DH. The influence at APC wasn't at all always mod, slim etc... it used to be more military / industrial / minimalistic. More old Helmut, less new DH if you want.

Even the women's collection which is always a tidbit stronger then men's, has gone down, even my girlfriend who was a very early APC adopter/supporter, won't even stop by the section at the department store anymore!

Could also be we're based in Paris, and the APC buzz has really trickled down..

In this pricerange, i much prefer the Swedish labels such as Filippa K, Acne, Whyred..etc

wow some really strong love for the Navy... hmmm... I'd say I wear lots of black, grey and nutmeg colours and a bit of pastels... I'm asian with dark hair... dunno if that makes any difference...

I'm also intrigued by the the new cashmere jeans...

thus navy.

it's V HARD to match with the green, especially since it's a military type green.

i have been a big customer for many years now and this is definitely a bit different...

logo screenprints in their mainline?

sgt. pepper's jacket? disgusting!

way too hipsterish wannabe old dior homme.

Fair enough, I did see the screenprint hoodie as a bit A&F..

it used to be more military / industrial / minimalistic. More old Helmut, less new DH if you want.

Yes true.

Could also be we're based in Paris, and the APC buzz has really trickled down..

In this pricerange, i much prefer the Swedish labels such as Filippa K, Acne, Whyred..etc

haha I'm in Sweden and those labels are very common, and they tend to look more 'branded' (I mean with more label character) than APC. It's easy to spot Acne or Filippa K on someone. Or maybe it's just me.

I definitely like a few of the pieces, jacquard sweater, military jacket, and those fur lined boots especially, even though I know there will never be a pair that will fit me.

That trenchcoat fits unreal too, so glad I didn't have to buy it at that price.

and oh, hair-on horsehide? what? This seems kind of creepy to me.

Typically on this board, when one expresses extreme love/hate for an item it will sway subsequent posters.

This is the strongest collection yet and everyone here will end up eating it up including myself.

i usually buy at least half of the men's collection every season (for several years) and by now i think i'm done. i found a good tailor so it's all over between me and apc.

I've seen this new collection in person and it the jackets look very nice. I still found it to be very military inspired rather than dh. There were lots of different takes on the classic m-65/safari type jackets. My favorite piece was the parka by far. It has a removable fur lining which makes it great for early fall and suitable for winter.

The photo shoot could have been styled a lot better, most of the collection looked great in black and dark colors as usual.

i usually buy at least half of the men's collection every season (for several years) and by now i think i'm done. i found a good tailor so it's all over between me and apc.

hahaa love the neg rep sig

I'm gradually phasing apc out myself with the likes of raf simons, margiela etc.

hahaa love the neg rep sig

I'm gradually phasing apc out myself with the likes of raf simons, margiela etc.

careful of raf and MMM if you want quality clothing, it's a little lacking esp in the basics. a line isn't doing all the raf manufacturing anymore, lots in romania, etc. and MMM you know is owned by diesel now...

I'm feelin that tan wool jacket but I would need to see it in person. I like the womens collection more than the mens though. That black dress on the bottom was pretty cool and I've heard of cashmere denim before but I am gonna have to check these out because I've never actually felt any before.

careful of raf and MMM if you want quality clothing, it's a little lacking esp in the basics. a line isn't doing all the raf manufacturing anymore, lots in romania, etc. and MMM you know is owned by diesel now...

Ya I know, but they've owned part of mmm for 5-6 years now and the quality hasn't waned. RS quality has never been stellar but most of the time better than apc.