Post some "Next level" shit.

theLorax

so my group at work moved offices a couple of months ago. As part of said move, we brought our office plants to a new building. While they were outside for less than 20 minutes, a seed blew into one of them and sprouted a brand NEW plant in the pot that was holding a little vine. The new plant grew and grew and kept getting weirder and weirder looking and everyone in my office was curious what the fuck kind of plant it is and how a seed managed to fall into this pot while it was outdoors for 20 minutes.

Then today I was in a meeting that happened to take place in the department of neurology's library. I was running A/V right next to some really old ass books and I started perusing them during the meeting. There was one cool one from 1884 about Phrenology which gave everyone a larf. Then there was another one from 1889 about medicinal plants. I am appreciating the etchings and then BAM! I see this one etching of the random plant in my office under the "narcotic" section. WTF!?

Turns out that fucking plant is a datura AKA jimson weed. It already has two spikey seed pods. It's this one, with purple flowers:

Double%20Purple%20Datura672.JPG

the rare pink katydid

otp8xx.jpg

Fluorescent Pink Katydid - Every year in Pennsylvania mountains a few people are fortunate enough to see an amazing thing, a normally green katydid that is brilliant pink, eyes, antennae, legs, everything. This unusual insects is actually a rare variety of one of our common katydids that are normally green all over. The bright pink condition is beautiful and startling to behold, and is caused by a genetically determined condition called erythrism. The pink katydids act just like green ones, and if we are lucky, they will continue to prosper as a special Pennsylvania oddity that most of us will never see alive!