CHOICES CHOICES CHOICES..LEVIS LVC, LEVIS RED, DIOR HOMME, A.P.C

Westmount

Westmount, he probably meant 19cm, which is the slim version of the jeans, usually worn by the models on the fashion desfiles, whereas the 21cm is the more commercial cut destined to people who might not fit into the slim 19cm cut. Sometimes there is even the 17cm.

I'm not really well informed, but apparently there are some early Dior Homme denim out there which is Japanese and selvage, and some more recent denim which is sometimes Italian and not selvage. I understand the quality of both should be decent, the Japanese being very high quality.

If you don't mind the lack of the selvage, buy the one you like the most. For a slim fit, the APC is definately selvage and probably more durable. The Levis are also selvage (I guess) but looser fitting.

I am not much of a jean guru, just buy what I feel looks good (obviously). I recently bought a pair of 501 Levis jeans in New York City and I really like the cutting or look of it. I am just wondering, do any T.Oers know where to buy 501 style in Toronto?

-don't hate, appreciate-

Quote:

Westmount, he probably meant 19cm, which is the slim version of the jeans, usually worn by the models on the fashion desfiles, whereas the 21cm is the more commercial cut destined to people who might not fit into the slim 19cm cut. Sometimes there is even the 17cm.

I'm not really well informed, but apparently there are some early Dior Homme denim out there which is Japanese and selvage, and some more recent denim which is sometimes Italian and not selvage. I understand the quality of both should be decent, the Japanese being very high quality.

If you don't mind the lack of the selvage, buy the one you like the most. For a slim fit, the APC is definately selvage and probably more durable. The Levis are also selvage (I guess) but looser fitting.

--- Original message by Geowu on Jul 8, 2005 02:39 AM

dior mens selvedge is from nissimbo japan and is green casted. breaks in very nice,higher quality fabric than the a.p.c. which ithink is from i.t.v. in italy.

sweet-orr

Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by Geowu on Jul 8, 2005 02:39 AM

dior mens selvedge is from nissimbo japan and is green casted. breaks in very nice,higher quality fabric than the a.p.c. which ithink is from i.t.v. in italy.

--- Original message by sweet orr on Jul 9, 2005 06:42 AM

and where can i pick them up?

"posted by: Westmount on Yesterday @ 06:14 AM

the ending price was 111.10USD

A second hand levis red is still worth that much?"

looking at sites that still carry old stock levi red 60 to 70 GB Pounds seems to be the going rate, think thats between 100/120 USD

www.yoox.com (a/w collection)

www.concept10.co.uk

Edited by JohnW on Jul 10, 2005 at 03:24 AM

Quote:

i heard 200us. I think it's one of their cheaper jeans, like way less than the distressed stuff.

--- Original message by woejozney on Jul 9, 2005 03:19 PM

yes, the unwashed jeans are usually about half the price of the distressed jeans.

I have the unwashed non-selvage dark blue diors which are nice, even if it can be hard to find tees/jackets slim enough to go with them at times

Quote: dior mens selvedge is from nissimbo japan and is green casted. breaks in very nice,higher quality fabric than the a.p.c. which ithink is from i.t.v. in italy.

According to a Jean Touitou interview in 1997, he has said the denim used in APC jeans is Japanese:

Quote: To wash things before wearing them seems such a waste of time and money, and didn't look good to me. To tell you the truth, I'd be happy if more people did it, because the idea doesn't belong to me anyway. But I'm telling you, nobody will do denim the way we do because nobody is willing to pay this price for a yard of fabric. It was made in Japan. It's woven on a narrow loom with a special yarn. It's an incredibly expensive fabric, as expensive as wool suiting fabric. It's crazy. But I wanted to do it, and nobody can do it the way we do it because nobody is crazy enough to pay $18.00 for a yard of denim. You know it's the narrow width which is very important for the cut.

APC started with selvage denim in 1989, two years after the company itself started (1987), so it must have a good experience and know-how of it, compared to other selvage denim makers.

Quote:
Quote: dior mens selvedge is from nissimbo japan and is green casted. breaks in very nice,higher quality fabric than the a.p.c. which ithink is from i.t.v. in italy.

According to a Jean Touitou interview in 1997, he has said the denim used in APC jeans is Japanese:

Quote: To wash things before wearing them seems such a waste of time and money, and didn't look good to me. To tell you the truth, I'd be happy if more people did it, because the idea doesn't belong to me anyway. But I'm telling you, nobody will do denim the way we do because nobody is willing to pay this price for a yard of fabric. It was made in Japan. It's woven on a narrow loom with a special yarn. It's an incredibly expensive fabric, as expensive as wool suiting fabric. It's crazy. But I wanted to do it, and nobody can do it the way we do it because nobody is crazy enough to pay $18.00 for a yard of denim. You know it's the narrow width which is very important for the cut.

APC started with selvage denim in 1989, two years after the company itself started (1987), so it must have a good experience and know-how of it, compared to other selvage denim makers.

--- Original message by Geowu on Jul 10, 2005 06:40 PM

thanks for the info. i am curious what mill makes a.p.c. s current selvedge quality, i thought that it came from i.t.v. in italy. if anyone else has more info let me know.

sweet-orr

Just found out about the source of APC denim.

Amirrorcrackd (Dan), who works there, said in the style forum:

Yep, denim exclusive. Doesn't come from a mill that sells to other companies, at least not from the same looms. The looms may or may not be the actualy vintage Levi's looms. This is what i was told. Not sure if it's true so much as it just sounds like a nice little story to tell people, but you never know. It is spun in Japan.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?p=282456#post282456

Quote:

Just found out about the source of APC denim.

Amirrorcrackd (Dan), who works there, said in the style forum:

Yep, denim exclusive. Doesn't come from a mill that sells to other companies, at least not from the same looms. The looms may or may not be the actualy vintage Levi's looms. This is what i was told. Not sure if it's true so much as it just sounds like a nice little story to tell people, but you never know. It is spun in Japan.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?p=282456#post282456

--- Original message by Geowu on Jul 17, 2005 07:38 PM

thanks for the research. good info.

sweet-orr