TearMender

mopar_jj

I have not seen this stuff mentioned here - It really works! I bought a small bottle off ebay to try and used the whole thing making repairs, I bought a large bottle which will last years if it does not dry out. It will even keep a leather levis patch stuck to the waistband. It is like a white runny glue that sticks within a couple minutes. great for patching or reinforcing denim. You can even use a dab of it on the denim to kind of 'seal' the fray and stop a small hole or hitch

http://www.tearmender.com/

def. worth picking up a bottle

pretty much, def. beats sewing and as long as the stuff can soak in a bit , it holds really well. Eg. putting a denim patch behind a hole in the knee, if it is traced around the hole it keeps it from unravelling more. As long as you dont use too much and it dont saturate it has little or no effect on the 'feel' of the denim. its latex based i believe

This stuff works wonders.. i used a similar product years ago.

It's great for applying to the edge of cut denim so that the threads don't unravel any more, even after washing.