WHAT DO YOU DRIVE?

Selegna

1997 was last model year for the air cool 911s, right? I was looking at some to go in with some friends as a project car. they are not cheap. we had about 20k between the 3 of us, and could not find a good deal.

1998 was the last year. The 993s seem to hold their value better than the 996s. I see some early model 99 and 00 996s go for real cheap.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of BMW beef? We had a BMW Touring way back in the day, it blew people's minds because most people had no idea BMW even made a wagon back in the mid 90's. It had the dual sunroofs, V8, nice car, I still remember it to this day. Met its death when a Ford Explorer rear ended it at like 45-50mph, but it was that solid mid-80's German design that probably let all the passengers out of that without a scratch.

As a mild daily driver, I've always wanted a late E39 525iT, with a simple S52 longblock swap, maybe with the BMP design ITB kit on it or something. Something that would be cheaper to keep up, drive and sound nice, look factory M-sport clean, and be unique.

The last time I was in Japan, all these people had the white M-Sport E39 touring it seemed like:

U00000148583L.JPG

(There weren't too many US-spec Tourings with this back bumper or the LED CELIS taillights: )

U00000148583_5.jpg

jet: silver vs-xxs work really well with your car and color! i want my bmw wagon ;(

Thanks mang. There used to be pics of an m5 wagon floating around a long time ago, that was the real shit. Always loved e39s and my boy is the all time e39 guru. I've seen a few e55 wagons around here and always wonder who would be crazy enough like me to have one hahaa.

1998 was the last year. The 993s seem to hold their value better than the 996s. I see some early model 99 and 00 996s go for real cheap.

96s drop like rocks, nothing like the resale of a 93 plus the rms failures has plagued the series ever since. You can get a used tt for dirt, always wanted one of those too and I had the mods lined up on paper for it.

• 4 months later...

for some reason i love big, gas-guzzling suv's:

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE V8 4x4 w/ Nav & DVD (shitty weather lately so she's filthy)

DSCF17816909.jpg

2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara (bought last spring, realized in november how much a jeep sucks to drive in the winter and got the pathfinder)

DSCF00274043.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

i don't have a picture that does my baby, Michael J. Fox, justice. (nicknamed for the fact that it has been shaking the last two years i've been driving it due to having just under 200,000 miles and being driven from here to infinity, but i just had it fixed, so it only shakes when in neutral or 3rd)

2001 Dodge Caravan Sport

hauls much ass.

:P