unsold lv, bape, etc?

Guest freedomfighter

Alot of the prestigious brands destroy all products that arent sold after a season or two.

I remember seeing a show about it, and all these Lacoste shirts were being burnt in a huge lacoste shirt bonfire, it was awesome.

...or have stocksales that mortal souls never hear about.

do a quick calculation, how much do these pieces cost to produce? How much are not sold by the end of the season, so how much would they be burning/destroying/etc every season? Exactly that doesn't add up does it?

Don't state bullshit!

And if you still believe that pieces from those brands cost next to nothing to produce you're not even worthy of thinking about them

you know when you have the superbowl and they have all the championship shirts printed beforehand? I heard the losing team has their shirts sent to africa and the like. that means that somewhere.. the Bills were an amazing team in the early 90's :o

all that burning stuff is bs. no one ever does that, not even hermes or something. there are other things these companies do.

Hermès hold some sample sales from time to time...

Alot of the prestigious brands destroy all products that arent sold after a season or two.

I remember seeing a show about it, and all these Lacoste shirts were being burnt in a huge lacoste shirt bonfire, it was awesome.

Lacoste??? I saw some Lacoste shirts at Costco...how sad...

I think there is one super desired one for Chanel in New York every year, you have to be pretty darn well connected or lucky to get invited to that one and it is highly contested...it's a notch above any other large size brand stocksale in NYC. I have signed up for ones for Hermes where you have to send in a request for a specific timeslot - I always forget about it and never make it, but my friends/coworkers have told me it is a hit or miss.

I have signed up for ones for Hermes where you have to send in a request for a specific timeslot - I always forget about it and never make it, but my friends/coworkers have told me it is a hit or miss.

Prada had those too... gotta be really lucky

Dont know about the actual brands but the retailers will keep their stock and slowly sell it off gradually.

I have seen old old clothes of a few seasons ago in their warehouse or sample sales and sometimes I even see the same darn clothes they can never get rid off in different sales.

you know when you have the superbowl and they have all the championship shirts printed beforehand? I heard the losing team has their shirts sent to africa and the like. that means that somewhere.. the Bills were an amazing team in the early 90's :o

this is true, same for most big sports finals, and also major sporting events like olympics, commonwealth games etc...

Yeah Georgio Armani = 90% off secret sales for staff.

You must be kidding me!

But I guess not. I got a Giorgio Armani jacket at 5% of its listed price during a bazaar sale. Emporio Armani stuff like shirts, Ts are at US$30 only. Got a pair of Emporio made in italy jeans for like US$20.

I wonder what is the really profit margin on these things.

I know that LV sometimes has a "employee" type sale once in a while. I had a friend that worked at a store and once in a while they would shit shit down and let employees buy stuff for a nice discount, not sure if it was just for managers....... She bought me my LV sneakers a few years ago. She said there is some odd shit most of the time, like monogram floppy disc holders and such..... I think a lot of the decent stuff sells or gets transfered to another boutique selling it.

I know that LV sometimes has a "employee" type sale once in a while. I had a friend that worked at a store and once in a while they would shit shit down and let employees buy stuff for a nice discount, not sure if it was just for managers....... She bought me my LV sneakers a few years ago. She said there is some odd shit most of the time, like monogram floppy disc holders and such..... I think a lot of the decent stuff sells or gets transfered to another boutique selling it.

I know that the LV stuff that gets returned to the boutiques for defects, repair, etc. is sent to a warehouse where employees can buy it at 70% off RRP...

For most brands they will keep 1 to 2 pcs of everything item in the collection...

Then maybe 1- 2 yrs later they will either reproduce or bring it out again and sell for a higher price or, display it during a sale...

not every piece of fashion matures as it hits the runway.. some takes time.. usually those more experimental types... like Jil Sander and Ann Dem