real or fake evisu

witts

real or fake ? [url=" http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6781422141&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:UK:1"] <a href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6781422141&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:UK:1" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6781422141&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:UK:1</a>

the sellers seems to believe that these are a different edition to the ones on rakuten, which have different selvage? is he jus a fraud? or is there truth behind it??

i thought these were the fakes from china

image_346_7245.jpg

lately i have seen a lot of those hand painted benzaiten etc evisus on ebay. why dont you ask him whether it comes with that special brown bag (as shown on that rakuten link)? when i did that once to another seller, his answer was negative, which leaves me doubtful. and for me, better be safe than sorry...

yeah man, how can you tell?

apart from the paint job and selvage seam, i don't see a significant difference.

you know what they say, give a man a fish and you feed him for a day...teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

"God is Dead" - Neitzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I'd say they're probably fake, but not because of the selvedge. These limited edition jeans are normally handpainted. It looks more to me that the gull and the "god" is printed by machine. The gull on these jeans are normally orange, not so yellowish.

But I do know that it's possible to get these jeans with different kind of selvedge, but these ones looks poorly made.

Btw. I can get those Benzaiten in a W31 for $267 (£152) in a store in Copenhagen. They have 50% off on two pairs of limited Evisu's, this one and the one one called Hukurokuju in W36.

Edited by kaew on Jul 16, 2005 at 05:31 AM

1. Threads can't get "old"

2. No, there were still questions left

3. 1-2 are my reasons for posting

I have no idea why you're wasting your time trying to argue with me whether I should or should not post a reply in this thread. Use your time on something else than bothering me, please ;)

Edited by kaew on Jul 16, 2005 at 05:49 AM

Remy190 sells legits only.

To answer to what you guys asked, apparently, some time ago; these Evisu's are fake just because of the selvage. There is two kinds of selvages on these jeans, those are not one of the two. The other one is like the D-Stock(Rakuten) one, except its probably 3mm wider.

The hand-painted ones are _not_ handpainted, they exist in multiples of tenthousands and have been widely produced from multiple different licenced factories worldwide.

These (the Benzaitens) are chinese factory reproduced replicas.

MAD YOUNG MAN