mockumentary films

No, man bites dog is an amazing French mockumentary about a hitman. The best part is when the crew runs into a rival hitman, with a whole crew making a documentary about him as well! Good shit

I thought they ran into a rival crew that was filming a "Cops" like show.

But, to fully disclose that I work for the company that made this film, Novem is a mockumentary about a bunch of 70's musicians who die after making an album that resurfaces at a present day garage sale and gets "discovered". The musicians are real too, they wrote the songs for the movie/soundtrack. Most were from Nashville and some are in a band called Overzealous.

(no spamo)

the office?

That's a good question because it totally is, but it is also not a documentary movie but an ongoing series. I don't know what you would call that though. There have been a few of these that could possibly be considered. Comedy Central has Reno 911 & they used to have a show called "Crossballs" that blurred the line between candid camera & news pundit shows. What about The Daily Show & Colbert Report also? I think those are considered satire.

• 1 month later...