Vans Slip-Ons...a little feminine?

The mom association is off the mark, as well. I consider vans to be in the same camp as the japanese Levi repros. Sure, your grandfather may have similarly styled jeans, but the style and aesthetic is entirely different. I don't think that I have ever seen an older woman in shoes that look like my slip ons (these: http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/9465882/c/70318.html), but I have seen a number of older woman in "Authentic" style shoes.

It most definitely is not. I don't know where you live, but middle aged women fucking love Vans slip-ons here in Southern California. They're as ubiquitous as Converse and typically worn just as poorly. Jmatsu was right when he said that the same people who shop in Gap have moved onto Vans.

i like them, but i wont wear them with shorts. i agree with you on the converse. that's one thing i never got into. every show i go to, i play "count the black chucks." i dont know. this coming from a guy that has a pair of taupe suede birkenstock bostons with 5 years of wear.