Criss Angel is amazing

broneck

does anyone else just love Criss Angel? OH MY GOD I totally don't get how he does all of his crazy tricks, some people call them illusions but I think it must be magic.

naOnlPwLPPI

WOW. I'm glad he's okay, but I wish he would do safer tricks, that really scared me.

How do you think he does it?

Some of Criss magic tricks are pretty accessible to the layperson, I know hes released 2-3 DVD's revealing some of his tricks.

Most of Cyrils tricks are almost impossible to get hold of, or they cost a bomb, $1000+

^^ i've never realized how culturally sheltered i was. i've never seen a black guy speaking japanese before.

I for one was pissed that the dude spoke to Bobby in such a condescending tone 'Bobby, do you like money?' 'here, catch, you get to keep that coin, you can take it home'

then he gets the japanese broad up to the stage and blesses her with fistfull of coins? Racism I tell ya!

a lot of criss' tv stuff is staged unfortunately / are video edits

oh so dude doesn't actually fly? :rolleyes:

personally, I think he's corny as hell. besides, people have turned into mutants, flown, fought aliens and shot lazer beams from their eyes on television, so I dont see the big deal with someone doing some fancy illusions.

that, plus I hate the whole vibe of his show.

^^ i've never realized how culturally sheltered i was. i've never seen a black guy speaking japanese before.

he's famous for speaking bad japanese, yet know somehow know alot of old japanese jokes, proverbs, etc

If you walk streets of Ueno or Roppongi, chances are you will see good amount of Afriacan guys selling fake jerseys (Ueno), or handing out flyers for a club event (Roppongi) speaking in Japanese with decent pronounciation.

getting back to the thread - chris angel may be the man not because of his magic, but because he is banging Cameron Diaz these days. that counts more in my book

I think he can bang her now because she has fallen off from her absolute prime (Something about Mary, or even Mask, maybe even earlier). but salary-wise she is still an A-list actress, and before Chris Angel, she was dating Justin Timberlake who is supposed to be the hot shit (which also adds the whole rebound-phase-I-will-fuck-anyone-who-is-remotely-famous-and-strokes-my-ego factor).

that said, he is a corny fuck, but I think part of being a famous magician today is being a corny douchebag (copperfield, blaine, angel). But all three of them have had pretty decent success with famous attractive broads: copperfield-cindy crawford, blaine - josie maran, angel - diaz

Cyril > Criss Angel + David Blaine combined. Dude's amazing. I spent a whole day watching his tricks on youtube. Never ceases to amaze me. Better than Criss's lame ass tricks performed on actors and David Blaine always does the same kind of tricks, a friend of mine can do some of his card tricks - he just has really sly hands, making 1 card look like 2.

@mike lowery and grapz:

of course i didn't mean people actually levitate and pass through walls or whatever... but a lot of his so called "street magic" involves a lot of video editing and the use of people who are supposed to be "spectators" but actually are not.

obviously magicians use gimmicks.. but most of the time they are tangible gimmicks that the spectator can't detect....not stupid camera tricks that make cell phones penetrate glass bottles (one example).

@mike lowery and grapz:

of course i didn't mean people actually levitate and pass through walls or whatever... but a lot of his so called "street magic" involves a lot of video editing and the use of people who are supposed to be "spectators" but actually are not.

obviously magicians use gimmicks.. but most of the time they are tangible gimmicks that the spectator can't detect....not stupid camera tricks that make cell phones penetrate glass bottles (one example).

The cell phone penetrating the glass bottle isnt a camera trick, he isnt even holding the cell phone anymore when he hits the bottle.

David blaines leviatation on street magic is a video edit however.