Uniqlo T-Shirts

Tyro1

Okay, this has been mentioned in heaps of threads, but there has been no definitive answers.

Could someone please explain sizing of uniqlo tees (US). How do they fit compared to American Apparel, AAA, any other t-shirts?

Do they shrink much? Do they loose shape like AA shirts do?

What are the difference between the plain, pantone, premium, etc tees?

What is the thickness of them.

Cheers Guys

Well, for some reason, Uniqlo Tees are quite weird to me - Size wise.

Dunno, but the sizing is very american.

XXS fits perfect shoulders-torso-length, ugh, but the sleeves are just tiny! (well for my taste)

XS is sooo much bigger than XXS.

Fabric wise... it's your regular cotton tee. nothing special.

But it's just me. I'm a small guy. I'm 5-6 and I'm slender. so yeah.

AA tees on the other hand have really nice material IMO. And the proportions are just awesome. They are perfect for me. Quite pricy though. I mean, you pay more for a plain shirt at AA as compared to a printed shirt over at Uniqlo.

Okay, this has been mentioned in heaps of threads, but there has been no definitive answers.

Could someone please explain sizing of uniqlo tees (US). How do they fit compared to American Apparel, AAA, any other t-shirts?

Do they shrink much? Do they loose shape like AA shirts do?

What are the difference between the plain, pantone, premium, etc tees?

What is the thickness of them.

Cheers Guys

in my experience:

Uniqlo's standard tees fit somewhere in between AA and AAA. In other words,

yes, your usual American sizing, although I do think their cut skews more towards

a slimmer profile.

They don't seem to shrink any more than a normal shirt, and they keep their shape rather well.

The Premium cotton tees are made of Supima cotton, no experience with them, read up about Supima somewhere.

The Pantone tees are made with Supima cotton, methinks.

Uniqlo has a seperate rack for the "special" blank tees.

I think they are called premium tees (made of supima cotton).

• 9 months later...
does anyone know if the US and Japan uniqlo basic Ts are sized differently? i bought some of these in japan and love them to death (perfect fit) and want more, but im afraid the ones i buy from NYC are gonna be baggy

According to this eBay auction http://cgi.ebay.com/TERRY-RICHARDSON-PHOTO-PRINTED-UNIQLO-T-SHIRT-TEE-RARE_W0QQitemZ360031221384QQihZ023QQcategoryZ15687QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Japanese shirts are a size smaller then your typical European/American shirt, however that could just apply to their UT Pop Culture shirts.

yeah

good rule of thumb:

the tagged size of american uniqlo stuff is ONE size larger than that of japanese one.

i.e. UT in M = jpn UT in L

that applied to their underwear and shit

like heattech tees (i've bought them from the nyc store and a uniqlo in my hometown)

anyone else find that their basics are a little tight in the neck area?
Yes.

I picked up ~ 5 of the Small in Vneck because I can't wear the regular crew neck, but now the Small size are too tight (and Medium were too big at that point..). I need a pickup of some medium vnecks.

For what it's worth I like my shit somewhat slim/tight fitting and I'm not small by any means. 5'6" 170 hollarr

I wear L in Japanese uniqlo, but for US-bought uniqlo: sometimes S, sometimes M or L.

Maybe there's a pattern somewhere but it's beyond me.

Yes.

I picked up ~ 5 of the Small in Vneck because I can't wear the regular crew neck, but now the Small size are too tight (and Medium were too big at that point..). I need a pickup of some medium vnecks.

For what it's worth I like my shit somewhat slim/tight fitting and I'm not small by any means. 5'6" 170 hollarr

you b a big boy

• 2 years later...