bands I like that are of social questionably- thus requiring validation from the gods

keagan

... of superculture.

1; Glassjaw, legit group of human beings, really spinechillingly good, But signed to warner bros, fans are often fans of shitty bands (MCR, FOB, AFI, Chiodos, ect), and when someone walks into my room and I am listening to glassjaw I get embarrassed. :o :o

2; The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Great band....

But, pseudo artrock, yeah. Shithead 13 year old little girls go to their gigs and when someone walks into my room and I am listening to the yeah yeah yeahs I get embarrassed. :o :o :o

3; METRIC, Emily Hanes is beautiful.

Again, shithead 15~ year old gay boys and girls fans who also associate themselfs with "political activism" and pretend to go "vegan" for a week also like them and when someone walks into my room and I am listening to METRIC I get embarrassed. :o :o

4; ADULT., ADULT. sucks, hard. I went to one of their gigs back in Detroit and I left with a headache and a erection. But for some reason- once or twice a week i'll get high and throw on anxiety always and love it.

5; Walls Of Jericho; Fucking brutial band, great live, and that Candace girl is fucking hottttttttttttt but she is probably gay. Andwhen ever I goto one of their gigs I end up getting into fights with 19309418239 pseudo tough guys, and there past records have been on metal blade and they sound like nu-metal , to I think a lot of real tough guys have dismissed them as "poserz" also when someone walks into my room and I am listening to the walls of jericho I get embarrassed. :o :o

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my five pennies:

1. Glassjaw are so fucking boring... shittiest LIHC band ever? Alright, there were some good songs on their second album. But then again, I also have a soft spot for My Chemical Romance, and a hard on for AFI.

2. Yeah Yeah Yeahs have, to date, recorded and released a total of one good song,

and that is "Y Control".

3. I've never even bothered listening to Metric, but I know I hate them. Emily is gorgeous though.

4. ADULT. could never, in a million years, suck. That is like saying Detroit techno,

no-wave, and synthpunk suck, and those are some of the best genres in the universe. ADULT. rule. Feeling bad about listening to ADULT. is like feeling bad about loving puppies.

5. Walls of Jericho are alright live, I hate them on record. That lead cunt is so gay.

my five pennies:

1. Glassjaw are so fucking boring... shittiest LIHC band ever? Alright, there were some good songs on their second album. But then again, I also have a soft spot for My Chemical Romance, and a hard on for AFI.

2. Yeah Yeah Yeahs have, to date, recorded and released a total of one good song,

and that is "Y Control".

3. I've never even bothered listening to Metric, but I know I hate them. Emily is gorgeous though.

4. ADULT. could never, in a million years, suck. That is like saying Detroit techno,

no-wave, and synthpunk suck, and those are some of the best genres in the universe. ADULT. rule. Feeling bad about listening to ADULT. is like feeling bad about loving puppies.

5. Walls of Jericho are alright live, I hate them on record. That lead cunt is so gay.

yeah yeah yeah's only good song was that maps song. adult does indeed suck, you should listen to depeche mode if you think adult is some sort of legitimate music.

my five pennies:

STFU plz.

You prefer Brand New and oh god the Unmentionable Group Which Refers to Sunday over Glassjaw?

Metric's first album that didn't get released is actually quite nice...relaxing.

I sort of (really) like ADULT.

I liked their first releases, good stuff. One of my friends has some sort of obsession with colecting their albums so he pretty much has all the alternative versions of every vinyl they ever released...

I once saw Metric live (I often get free tickets) and she gave a very good show, the crowd of angsty, suburban 14y/o would have made OMC giggle leecherously.

YeahYeahYeahs are solid music for when you have some walking to do, I dig them although they're definitely not very deep or innovative, I like pseudo-orgasmic female lyrics/moans over fast rock'n'roll.

Guilty pleasures are a bourgeois concept that was invented so they could consume kitsch but with a wink wink attitude that absolves them of the shame, in other words it's a cop out for over-educated people with not enough confidence in their own taste.

I just finished watching both seasons of Honey & Clover (a romance/coming of age anime) and must say it's really good, not "guilty pleasure" good.

You prefer Brand New and oh god the Unmentionable Group Which Refers to Sunday over Glassjaw?

Whoa there nelly. Glassjaw are hardly straight-up hardcore in the first place (more to do with post-hc/screamo if we want to be genre anal), but those other two are just straight up emo-pop.

Fuck guilty pleasures. I've seen Taking Back Sunday live and I thought they were pretty good fun, too-tight jeans frontman camping it up for an hour solid with a plethora of members from other bands filling in on guitars and backing vocals for whoever their guitarist is. I'll probably go see Brand New at Reading Festival if noone else is playing at the time.

Can't imagine them being that exciting, but in a fight between them and Kings of Leon I'll go see them... the 2nd stage tent has way more atmosphere and KoL were pretty fucking dull at Reading 2005.

I just checked out the lineup and Dinosaur Jr are halfway down the 2nd stage list... what the fuck?

Guest jmatsu

i agree, adult is really great.

the only fault i ever found with them, is when kuperus said something to the extent that she likes it when guys wear womens pants.

mommy and daddy vs. autonervous vs. the vanishing vs. adult. (not 100% the same, but you know what i means...)

who wins??

shameful listening includes:

joe jackson

phoenix

i don't know if i'll get everyone, but because i am bored, i'll try to...

time for another patented, OMC Roundup™

324. why compare ADULT. to Depeche Mode?

34. especially when Depeche Mode are not at all as great as people think.

34a. there are at least fifteen better underground synthpop and minimal synth

groups that were simply not as fortunate enough to look as good as Gahan and co.

i'm not saying i hate DM, because they're fantastic, but people jock ride them too much.

-345. "Maps" was a good song, but so was "Y-Control", mostly because they ripped

off a riff from a Big Black song and played it nearly exactly for the entire song. it is scientific fact that any song made up entirely of one Big Black riff is good; two Big Black riffs is golden.

1223. Brand New? Brand New what? TBS is a television network.

23. MCR I saw in a basement in Jersey before they had even been signed.

MCR have written good songs since that day. Their fanbase is unfortunate, but I can't hold it against them. Good guys.

34asd. Something about those suburban 14 year olds doesnt do it for me... why do girls in the suburbs develop less quickly than city girls? I swear there is something about nature and white picket fences that stunts titty growth.

23.234. Chiodos is the sound my asshole makes when I scratch it after a day of wearing Uniqlo skinny jeans in New York City heat. Swear to jmatsu.

12. In a battle between those bands, my love goes to none. How do you feel about

Subtonix? Ok, if I had to pick, I'd probably pick the Vanishing, solely on the strength of their second album, right before breaking up. But really, Subtonix is where it is at.

1. Brand New Heavies maybe, is that what you meant? Sorry, I don't listen much to nor have an opinion about music.

Big Black are awesome, you might dig them.

They're fronted by legendary producer/engineer Steve Albini,

also of the bands Rapeman and Shellac.

I suggest you start with the album Songs About Fucking.

Guest jmatsu

i loved big black! i did prefer atomizer though to songs about fucking...this is why i hate mishka nyc...

i forgot about subtonix. i like what i've heard, but i admit to not actually owning anything.

i am embarrassed to own the albini produced poneys album.

fuck everyones opinions and listen to what you want to listen to

i was going to post the exact same thing but you beat me to it so instead i will just quote what you said

fuck everyones opinions and listen to what you want to listen to

there will always be someone, somewhere that has something to say about your taste in music. you can either waste your time giving a shit or just listen to stuff that sounds good to you.

sweet, I love shellac, but I think albini is overrated. I donno why exactly... I just do.

i agree, adult is really great.

the only fault i ever found with them, is when kuperus said something to the extent that she likes it when guys wear womens pants.

mommy and daddy vs. autonervous vs. the vanishing vs. adult. (not 100% the same, but you know what i means...)

who wins??

shameful listening includes:

joe jackson

phoenix

i don't find phoenix shameful at all.

324. why compare ADULT. to Depeche Mode?

34. especially when Depeche Mode are not at all as great as people think.

you're out of your fucking mind if you don't think depeche mode deserve the hype they (don't?) get. If it weren't for depeche mode, bands like adult would still suck, but maybe use different instruments.