Skincare for men?

henry20us

Hi, I'm a 27yr old male with great skin, and I'd like to keep it that way.

I've never really used a moisturizer, but I think I'm going to start right now just so I can get a good lead.

Can anyone recommend me a good moisturizer for men? Is there any real difference between skincare products for males and females?

What ingredients should I look for?

Thanks!

Your skin condition reflects your overall health. A healthy lifestyle is the only way to keep your skin young. Drink plenty of water, eat healthy (lots of fish, fruit and vegetables) and make sure you get enough sleep. Dehydration, stress, too much alcohol and above all smoking are terrible for the condition of your skin.

Skincare products will only help you keep clean and may help prevent dry skin, but living a healthy life is really the only recipe for keeping your skin young.

Just my humble opinion.

^ Tiss is right. I'd fold plenty of exercise into his equation as well, for good measure.

I mostly make my own oils and moisturisers cus with my job I'm in the position to do so, but if you're more interested in having great products you could do worse than look at brands like http://www.aesop.net.au/ for contemporary sensuous luxury or Neals Yard Remedies http://www.nealsyardremedies.com/ for quality ingredients and a modicum of style without too much patchoulistinkingecohippyslowlife nonsense. They're the two I buy anyway.

As far as moisturizer is concerned, I've tried a bunch, but I'm a huge fan of the botanical kinetics lotion from Aveda:

http://www.aveda.com/templates/products2/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY10562&PRODUCT_ID=PROD5882

It's nice and light, but moisturizes incredibly well without smelling girly.

On a daily basis, I use Kiehl's face wash in the shower. I also use Clinique for Men face scrub about every other day to keep the pores open and get rid of excess gunk.

..theres already a thread on this with a link to another forum where its the main subject..i did my own research and read numerous good reports on Baxter of California.I picked up the face wash,face lotion w/spf 15 and night time lotion,and so far i'm really impressed and think im sticking with these..

My husband is 32 and wanted to start using skin care products. He uses Jack Black's Double Duty moisturizer, which is a moisturizer made just for men and it has SPF 20 in it for sun protection. I've been looking around for skin care information for men online and found and interesting site www.cosmetics-hair.com It’s an e-Shop and products are pretty good, if you're interested in more than just moisturizers for your face. Good luck.

..theres already a thread on this with a link to another forum where its the main subject..i did my own research and read numerous good reports on Baxter of California.I picked up the face wash,face lotion w/spf 15 and night time lotion,and so far i'm really impressed and think im sticking with these..

Can you link it here please? I couldnt find it.

It's not easy looking fabulous..It's not cheap to look fabulous..If you want to have Asian smooth and fresh looking skin...I highly recommend the following brands..SHISEIDO, SHU UEMURA, SK-II and BIOTHERM too.

Here's what I use...

SHISEIDO MOISTURIZING EMULSION (this is the moisturizer that I use on a daily basis)

shiseido.jpg

SHISEIDO EYE SOOTHER (I use this to get rid of the dark circles around my eyes)

122837.jpg

BIOTHERM HIGH RECHARGE ANTI-FATIGUE MOISTURIZER (This makes me look fresh even if I was out all night partying last night...)

HIR001_L.jpg

BIOTHERM AQUAPOWER (Love this shit. After shaving this is what I put on my skin. This relieves skin of tightness.

H089128_L.jpg

BIOTHERM HYDRA DETO2X INSTANT ANTI-DULLNESS DETOXIFYING CLEANSER (This is the cleanser that I use)

Biotherm_Homme_HydreDetox_cleanser.jpg

Biotherm AquaPower is sick. It supposedly has the equivalent of 7L of water (moisture) in that bottle alone or something like that.

I bet my life (skin in this case) on LAB SERIES For Men. Since I'm 19, I use the "Stop Shine" Oil Control Moisturizer Formula. Works like a charm!

try www.menessentials.com which has a skin care specific forum

baxter of california is a good line to start with

quality products

men's only line

inexpensive pricing

both urth and korres make some very good men's products as well

menscience is an excellent line expecially for really oily skinned guys

if you want a good anti-aging line, moreso if you're a bit older, skeen is a good bet (currently available only in france and denmark but can order online www.skeen.fr)

but as stated above, good skin is also a result of drinking a lot of water and eating well - also a sunscreen is an essential these days to avoid long term sun damage to your face

Truthfully? fuck all that scientific emulsion bollocks right off and just make stuff yourself. Really. It's not half as stylish when someone opens your bathroom cabinet but belliiieve it's what the big people who trade on their looks for a living are all doing. I know, cos I asked some of them. They might endorse products but it doesn't mean they'd actually use them.

I guarantee with the right diet, plenty of water and a couple home made skin care solutions that cost pence to make you'll age gracefully and graciously, which is about all anyone can hope for.

Around how much water should you drink a day? Sometimes I worry that I drink a bit too much water. Ummm, I have some acne on my face but I can't really find a good facewash that can clean it. I started using Neutrogena Blackhead facewash and it made it a bit better. Anybody have suggestions?

Around how much water should you drink a day? Sometimes I worry that I drink a bit too much water. Ummm, I have some acne on my face but I can't really find a good facewash that can clean it. I started using Neutrogena Blackhead facewash and it made it a bit better. Anybody have suggestions?

i dont think there is such a thing as drinking too much water, not till the point of an extended stomach that is

I've been using the Aramis Lab Series for over ten years and love it..

Face wash, lotion, and shaving cream in a big tub. Those three used together are amazing and they're fairly cheap considering it's "boutique" style stuff..

Very recently i started using the new Dior Homme facial line, it's good stuff so far. I know, i'm a fucking sucker for anything that says "dior" on it.

I use Dior, Biotherm and SK-II. It is definitely worth the extra dollars to pay for the higher end gear.

And don't be afraid to use women's skincare products.

It all depends on your skin type and how it reacts to the products.

Face wash, lotion, and shaving cream in a big tub. Those three used together are amazing and they're fairly cheap considering it's "boutique" style stuff..

In a big tub? Where did you get your hands on these products in big tubs?! I need more and more Lab Series products and they're in tiny quantities here.

drink as much water as possible. 8 cups a day right?

if you're doing hard work, exercise, or out on a hot day then drink more.

don't drink too much water in a short time though. it's possible you can drown yourself. there's always a few people on e that die from drinking way too much water at a time.

---

there was another older skincare topic here in the supershopper part of the forum. might wanna check that out for more information

Very recently i started using the new Dior Homme facial line, it's good stuff so far. I know, i'm a fucking sucker for anything that says "dior" on it.

^^ this sounds very much like my routine. I've been using Lab series for the last 6 months and have really liked the results. I switch betw day rescue for the days and night rescue for well, you know. I bought the age rescue stuff a while back but never used it, in the last week however, I have been using it almost daily, twice a day even and surprisingly my skin looks a LOT better. I definitely recommending these lotions as basics. I've tried lots of neutrogena/nivea for men stuff in the past.

I do have to add that I always use the acnefree repair lotion everytime right after I wash my face b/c I am prone to breakouts. Doing this has limited my breakouts a lot. You are supposed to apply it with a cottonball because it is liquid but I just drop a few drops of the stuff directly on my face and rub it in, one bottle of the stuff will last forever this way. hope this helps.