being really skinny is unhealthy

jake snake

vitamin deficiencies, brittle bones, compromised immune systems, and shorter lifespans really suck

allow me to retort:

Calorie restriction (From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Calorie restriction or Caloric restriction (CR) is the practice of limiting dietary energy intake in the hope that it will improve health and retard aging. In human subjects, CR has been shown to lower cholesterol, fasting glucose, and blood pressure. Some consider these to be biomarkers of aging, since there is a correlation between these markers and risk of diseases associated with aging. Except for houseflies (below), animal species tested with CR so far, including primates, rats, mice, spiders, Drosophila, C. elegans and rotifers, have shown lifespan extension. CR is the only known dietary measure capable of extending maximum lifespan, as opposed to average lifespan. In CR, energy intake is minimized, but sufficient quantities of vitamins, minerals and other important nutrients must be eaten. To emphasize the difference between CR and mere "FR" (food restriction), CR is often referred to by a plethora of other names such as CRON or CRAN (calorie restriction with optimal/adequate nutrition), or the "high-low diet" (high in all nutrients aside from calories, in which it is "low"). Other names for the diet emphasize the goal of the diet, such as CRL (calorie restriction for longevity), or simply The Longevity Diet, as in a recently published book by that name.

Unless there is a severe eating disorder involved, being skinny is not a health risk. Sure, lack of strength can be a problem, especially at 50+ yrs old, but that's more a quality of life risk than a reduction in average life expectancy.

Being fat on the other hand has all kinds of well-documented long-term health risks that demonstrably reduce life expectancy and raise the cost of health care for everyone else.

Y'know there's sucha thing as skinny fat people.

Y'know there's sucha thing as skinny fat people.

Fat skinny I get, like people who have a thin frame but carry a sizeable beer gut. I have no idea what a skinny fat person is. Besides, I was speaking in generalities, the same generalities that a nutritionist would speak in.

i always figured guys would wanna be yolked out

instead of being uber skinny, mabye im just crazy

all i know is i havent been sick in over 4 years and im 5'10, 178 lbs 34 waist

• 1 year later...