I just do not get it.....

Guest StuckOnStupid

pop the glock is possibly the worst song ever written, and i say that without a trace of irony or exaggeration. first of all, no way this twat has ever held a glock in her life. she's a miami beach princess.

second of all, a few snippets of lyrical genius here.

Uffie's gonna make the shit rock

Like Dough

Dough I like

Boys call me when they feel freaky hot

What?

Crunk and grind that's my bloodline

feadz is mixin

Uffie's shoutin

Uffie's bangin

feadz is bangin

Time to get low

Do the toostie roll

Oh shit.

EDIT:

And also, I would definitely fuck the shit out of her

Wouldn't it be one of those hate fucks though? Where you hate the bitch so much you just need to to satisfy some fucked up carnal jungle instinct where you just slamming it to her because you can, and because you can legitimately rough her up a little in the process?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead, I'm just going to go ahead and say the following:

I blame The Fader for all of this.

Seriously.

They stopped reading Fader, and now they read Urb.

They have more black people on staff than Fader at the moment.

Guest StuckOnStupid

i realize i probably came off like one of those fuckin washed up b-boys or rappers thats all mad at what is current and hip or whatever. but that isnt the case, im only fucking 29 for gods sake, and i actabout 17 anyway. i am never mad at new shit that pops off, new scenes and movements and whatever. but what does suck is that there is nothing really SINCERE about any of this shit, motherfuckers just ride it till the wheels come off and hop on something else, and how is that good for anybody? its like starting to build a house and getting bored with it halfway and hearing there's a better place down the street. at the end of the day, and not because it is a black/white thing, but ill go on the fuckin record and say there is more truth and sincerity in "Chicken noodle soup with a soda on the side" than there is in all these fuckin jerks im shittin on.

a friend of mine performed at coachella this year. he had one of these "hipster-hop" artists step to him, a female, and say some outlandish shit...bear in mind this dude is my age..

"Yeah you know i respect you and all your whole shit etceetcetcetc but i mean, you from the old school...

he said he just didnt know what to say to that. this dude's debut lp came out in 1997, and that's old school? fuck outta here you loser bitch.

i see there's a lot of personal hate in here...well let me break it down to you.

you're hating on the wrong person. do you think uffie thinks she's a rapper? she's making miami bass...and she's a girl. c'mon now let's think about it.

yea...she's not doing anything more ridiculous or silly than luke skyyywalker. the whole thing is great if you look at it the right way. not everything has to be baddaman rap you know.

about your friend, it seems like you're really just mad about that. sorry that some idiot was "steppin'" but don't hold it against everyone. to be honest i hate the "serious" hipster-hoppers or whatever they're called. gym class heroes sucks dick. who the fuck do they think they are.

Guest StuckOnStupid
i see there's a lot of personal hate in here...well let me break it down to you.

you're hating on the wrong person. do you think uffie thinks she's a rapper? she's making miami bass...and she's a girl. c'mon now let's think about it.

yea...she's not doing anything more ridiculous or silly than luke skyyywalker. the whole thing is great if you look at it the right way. not everything has to be baddaman rap you know.

about your friend, it seems like you're really just mad about that. sorry that some idiot was "steppin'" but don't hold it against everyone. to be honest i hate the "serious" hipster-hoppers or whatever they're called. gym class heroes sucks dick. who the fuck do they think they are.

you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, do you? do you just love typing? does a food pellet come out of your computer everytime you hit "submit reply"? and what the fuck is baddaman rap? dog, you sound so phenomenally stupid, its amazing.

why i would i be mad? if anything, i'm mildly amused at this girl's(at coachella) utter cluelessness and her delusions that her 15 minutes will actually matter. shit, it'll prolly get cut down to five. Do you not find it sad and disappointing that nobody wants to take art seriously anymore? That no one wants to hone their craft and try to come up with something that might last a little longer than a jug of milk? Everything is always "tongue-in-cheek" or ironic or wink wink-nudge nudge. Okay assholes, here it is: I DO get it! And I don't really find it funny. take your fuckin ive-seen-it-all-at-18 years old ironic sensibilities and shove em up your ass. it's not more ridiculous than luke skyywalker, of course not. but i listened to 2 live crecw 15 fucking years ago, and now these clowns are being hailed as brilliant when they drop what are tantamount to lukewarm remakes without the swagger and originality. thats sad.

Guest StuckOnStupid

and to be fair, i thought a few of the beats on that spank rock album were absolutely fucking bonkers, coulda went without the hypebeast urkel doing the vocals.

"coke and wet, bitch, guns nigga, holla"

okay asshole, whatever you say.

Do you not find it sad and disappointing that nobody wants to take art seriously anymore? That no one wants to hone their craft and try to come up with something that might last a little longer than a jug of milk? Everything is always "tongue-in-cheek" or ironic or wink wink-nudge nudge.

this is exactly what is wrong with culture these days, period. all of it.

it isn't even the fact that no one takes anything seriously, because not

taking things is seriously is cool and all, as long as you're sincere.

no one is sincere. everything is a throwaway, a joke, a deflection of anything

even resembling honesty about who you are, where you come from, what

you do, and why you're doing it. why? because being honest hurts. people

can attack you, can tear you down, and you've got to defend it. nowadays,

you don't have to defend shit. someone rips on you and all you have to say

is, "haha good one, naw, i'm just kidding you know... its a joke that i'm

wearing this/listening to this/reading this/etc."

the sorry thing is, though, that an artist doesn't necessarily have to possess this stance in order to have their fanbase taint them... Justice, for instance, are pretty serious when it comes to dance music in terms of their approach and the sound

they're after, and their respect for the genre. but, throw in a shitty fanbase and a shitty subculture around the group and it is nearly impossible to think of them as anything but beatmakers for rhythm-challenged human planks to gyrate uncontrollably to.

and to be fair, i thought a few of the beats on that spank rock album were absolutely fucking bonkers, coulda went without the hypebeast urkel doing the vocals.

"coke and wet, bitch, guns nigga, holla"

okay asshole, whatever you say.

The mad note is all the mixtapes. They drop the CRAZIEST tracks, and it's like Girl Talk but with tight shit instead of played-out hits. Spank Rock is like club music that knows its history, and the DJs are so on point it's ridiculous. Check:

Voila

Couche-Tard

XXXPlosive

and even the legal Fabriclive that they did.

Also, Lindsay Lohan is the funniest fucking track ever. It's the best shit to play before going out, anywhere.

Blammo....

Guest StuckOnStupid
Don't you guys think they are sincere about having fun?

It seems that you really care about subject matter, but this stuff is really just form based art. It's for getting fucked up to and feeling cool. That seems to be as far as it goes. I can see why you'd find that offensive. I do at times. Most of all though, it's generally boring art, and a big waste of time, and gives an ugly influence on some youths' personalities.

Here's a question for you: What about someone like Juelz Santana, who obviously isn't on the corner, but raps about crack most of the time? Should race really affect that gemstar's credibility?

For the record I like Dipset, and thus I am curious as to your opinions.

on a strictly artistic rap level, i think santana is a great rapper. he's just good, period.

but as far as "street authenticity"i could give a fuck if santana is a fucking nerd all the way, or if he actually is made out of crack cocaine..okay, THAT would be cool, but whatever. Santana is nice with his, he's got swagger, and at the end of the day, we know what he's about: a young kid who came up in the hood around the kind of she that he likes to rap about. he actually IS hip-hop. Dude, i wasnt fucking mad about ice cube not REALLY killing people in the nwa era, i wasnt mad that the Rza isnt REALLY a ninja, etc etc...of course motherfuckers are coming out of their faces with outlandish shit, that's what rap is. granted, its gotta a little out of hand, but thats besides the point. dipset can do whatever the fuck they want cause at the end of the day these dudes ARE hip-hop, they always were and always will be. just by being alive.

i could go off on an equal tangent about how this street shit has just gone so over the fucking top, all these goddamn smack DVDs and shit are about as good for rap as Uffie is, but that's another topic altogether.

i dont know what "form based art" is supposed to mean, though...although i might have an idea what you mean, and it makes me cringe. please explain.

Guest StuckOnStupid
Sincerity is an absurd topic.

really? cause like, i know some very passionate artists who are basically slicing themselves open and splashing it onto canvas/paper/audiotape that might want to smack the shit out of you for such a ridiculous statement.

Guest StuckOnStupid

and for the record, this isnt my indictment of hipsters or my crotchety old man schtick like "in my day x was y" and you pull up on a skateboard head to toe in cassette playa to an eddie van halen bending guitar note *diddlydiddlydyyyyy* "hey old maaaan, get back to the stone age, this is the new sounds of a new generation, maaaan!" No. There is a lot of music that i cannot fucking stand which i believe has loads of artistic and cultural merit. I can understand why many people think a band like Sunn O))) is the shit, or why some folks would be really into scandinavian black metal. i dont like that stuff cause it doesnt appeal to me. i dont like the shit i initially posted about because its just not good at anything its trying to do.

It seems that you really care about subject matter, but this stuff is really just form based art. It's for getting fucked up to and feeling cool. That seems to be as far as it goes. I can see why you'd find that offensive. I do at times. Most of all though, it's generally boring art, and a big waste of time, and gives an ugly influence on some youths' personalities.

Here's a question for you: What about someone like Juelz Santana, who obviously isn't on the corner, but raps about crack most of the time? Should race really affect that gemstar's credibility?

OMC's Breakdownâ„¢ :

-186. the artists might be sincere about having fun, and fans might be sincere about having fun, but it is the path they take to get there that is completely disingenuous.

its like saying that i sincerely want to be sad and accomplish this by tattooing a number on my arm, locking myself in the bathroom, and pretending i'm being gassed to death. i'm appropriating someone else's culture/experience as a method of reaching my own personal ends, and to most people, this is called "being a fucking poser bitch".

4. being that it is a form based art, it should seek to push the form forward or approach it in an interesting way, rather than doing the same. fucking. thing. again. and. again.

45. dip set, dip set, dip set

3. juelz is a different story. lets say he never sold drugs, ever. considering he probably grew up around drug dealers, there's nothing wrong with him assuming a persona as an artist. why? because he's not only sincere about his ends (selling the image of a dealer), but he's also sincere about the means (drawing on the experiences of the environment and people he grew up with). that, and he still knocks with everyone up in Harlem to this day, he didn't move his shit to Connecticut, ya diiiig?

43. Formula 50 is mad tasty though.

6. come on Spankrock, let's go Spankrock, rap like a rap nigga should.

i can't hate on Naeem because Naeem used to be on some wild out

Rawkus battle rap shit that was actually pretty good.

6. i bet Uffie's butthole is more pink than 2002 Cam'ron chinchilla.

i'll break it down OMC trademarked style..sue me.

31. you guys are not that fucking old (except SOS, he might as well OD on drugs 'cause his time as a cool guy is running thin). what is your excuse for worrying so much about cultural authenticity. i've put a lot of thought into the idea and after reading bunches of shit and whatever i've decided that the best plan of action is to just ignore everything and take it as it is. fuck yea food pellets come out of my computer screen. why else would i argue with a 40 year old indian who collects sneekahz in Toronto?

56. baddaman...wtf is that???

57. i'm too cool 4 skool

-2 dip set is the best rap consortium or whatever ridiculous term people call a clique out there. santana spits the hot fire rhymes. actually they're nto really rhymes but they are hot fire.

16. arguing over tastes is always a good idea

41. there was a "serious artistic movement" about two years ago...it was called "emo"...it was fake as shit but also ridiculously sincere. i thought the whole point of the joking of recent was to counter this idiocy and the serios business brought about by the lackluster indie pop and post punk revivalism.

also this is post 909 BEAT THAT

I get it, the rapping sucks and the beats are typical, just like...uh oh!

Although I still like the beats so I listen to the instrumentals. Who's her DJ, Feadz?

Guest StuckOnStupid
I get it, the rapping sucks and the beats are typical, just like...uh oh!

Although I still like the beats so I listen to the instrumentals. Who's her DJ, Feadz?

just like what?

i'll break it down OMC trademarked style..sue me.

41. there was a "serious artistic movement" about two years ago...it was called "emo"...it was fake as shit but also ridiculously sincere. i thought the whole point of the joking of recent was to counter this idiocy and the serios business brought about by the lackluster indie pop and post punk revivalism.

the subpoena is in the mail.

emo was actually way further back than two years ago, but if you're probably referring only to post-2000 mall/hot topic emo, which yeah, you're right. sincerity doesn't make for good art... or even authentic art.

the irony thing has been going on for years though, and it isn't at all recent. it has been the m.o. of hipsters since at least the late 90s, and it is fucking stupid.

if you want to talk about recent subcultures that are based primarily on humor, then we can talk about our fave, westside, neu rave. remove the NME and the media and focus solely on the dance parties taking place in europe that fit the mold of neu rave, and it is all people who want to have some fun in the face of impending ecological doom, political shitstorms, and the overall global socio-cultural climate being generally a total bummer.

that i can totally and completely approve of. being ironic or treating everything like a joke because you're a rich caucasian kid whose parents pay for everything and yet, are disillusioned with a cushioned lifestyle and the rigors of the modern workplace, and

therefore, choose to become an 'artist' in order to find transcendence, only to find you have no talent and therefore, need to use cash to establish credibility and jokes to protect your ego is something i can't get with, and i'm sure you'd agree.

You've got me in the mood to read some Hemingway.

"We had been taught not to confuse the writer with the work, but I couldn't seperate my picture of Nick from my picture of Hemingway. And I had a sense that I wasn't really supposed to, that a certain confusion of author and character was intended. ... I hated the way he dumped Marjorie in "The End of Something." Telling a girl whose love you'd taken advantage of that it wasn't fun anymore? I judged him for that, thinking how much better I would've handled it.

I judged him, but I also understood that he'd allowed me to, and this was chastening. Knowing that readers like me would see him in Nick, he had given us a vision of spiritual muddle and exhaustion almost embarassing in it's intimacy. The truth of these stories didn't come as a set of theories. You felt it in the back your neck."

-The Narrator in Wolff's Old School (ostensibly Wolff himself)

So maybe I read a little too much. Yeah? Well fuck you too.

You've got me in the mood to read some Hemingway.

"We had been taught not to confuse the writer with the work, but I couldn't seperate my picture of Nick from my picture of Hemingway. And I had a sense that I wasn't really supposed to, that a certain confusion of author and character was intended. ... I hated the way he dumped Marjorie in "The End of Something." Telling a girl whose love you'd taken advantage of that it wasn't fun anymore? I judged him for that, thinking how much better I would've handled it.

I judged him, but I also understood that he'd allowed me to, and this was chastening. Knowing that readers like me would see him in Nick, he had given us a vision of spiritual muddle and exhaustion almost embarassing in it's intimacy. The truth of these stories didn't come as a set of theories. You felt it in the back your neck."

-The Narrator in Wolff's Old School (ostensibly Wolff himself)

So maybe I read a little too much. Yeah? Well fuck you too.

let me find my mad magazine somewhere...cracked will suffice as well.

Guest StuckOnStupid
i haven't even seen a cracked magazine in like 10 years, so maybe? mad's foldouts always killed it though. they used to have mad magazine at my local library

the new cracked is dope, great writing...jay pinkerton writes for em now.