Smashing Pumpkins Residency

I agree.... not the same at all.

They are playing 8 nights at the Fillmore in SF. I have mixed emotions about the reformation of the Smashing Pumpkins. No D'Arcy, No James...:( doesn't seem right. I will be getting tickets but have lowered expectations.

The good old days:

t1N_qX_r4Iw

Xc9ZbS4KMdg

No D'Arcy, not necessarily a bad thing. Not a great bass player. Also not one of the greatest live bands.

I saw them many times in the early 90's but my favourite Pumpkins gig was an acoustic set at Raymonds Revue bar in london in 1993 just before they released Siamese dream. I won a ticket through the NME ... It was an industry gig and the only show I ever saw where Corgan didn't throw a strop at the audience for something or other.

Edit: Besides that, WTF. Smashing Pumkins without James Iha and D'arcy would be an omelette without eggs.

i am very jelly.

i would probabaly go for at least 2 days if i lived in the bay area, even the band is more like 'billy corgan and friends" now...

there are a lot of bands that i love, but this one shoots me right at my heart.

and canice, you are not the only one. i cried, too.

D'arcy never, and James seldom, played on the records. They only played live, and D'arcy played badly.

D'arcy never, and James seldom, played on the records. They only played live, and D'arcy played badly.

Jake yeah real bad. And you're right Corrigan was obsessed in the studio. Rarely did anyone else play on any of their records other than him and Chamberlin.

I have a friend that played bass for a band called Odd Man Out that did the club circuit here in Chicago and had moderate success. Pumpkins opened for them a couple times. He was amazed at how talented Billy was but never could understand why they didn't class up the rhythm section. Jimmy played on an entirely different level than she did to the point of really hurting the live performance.

• 4 months later...