Need help buying some (raw) japanese denim

Hello eveyone. First post here.

I have a friend who has the possibility to send me some premium japanes denim. I'm looking for a pair of (raw) black preferably selvede jeans. I have been eyeing the

Pure blue japan XX005-bk and the samurai S5000BK.

I haven't seen worn in pictures of either of these jeans and was wondering if you jeansgurus could give me a little help. I have seen a great pair of worn in black samurais but i don't know about the model. Also if anyone knows how these will fade it would be highly appriciated if you could let me know. I'm also open for other brands so if you know some other sweet Black(raw) japanese jeans that you can recommend then please let me know. Thanks in advance!!!

If you want slim sleek cool jeans go for the PBJs

If you want regular fit, heavy weight, fade project jeans go Samurai.

Other brands do black jeans, check out the black denim thread I posted like 10 different opitions in it.... somewhere at the end.

To be honest - the aforementioned 2 above are pretty much the nicest of the bunch though. For me anyway.

EDIT - p.s. - Its best to ask these questions in the correct thread by the way. Its better for everyone if all opinions on products are kept in the same thread- e.g. - PBJ 005bk, or the Black denim thread, it just makes locating opinions easier for new guys, also if you ask in the correct thread you more likely to get serious answears rather than snyde or sarky comments .

Also this very same question has already been asked and "MIZ" ( a guy who knows his denim ) posted a pros and cons comparsion of the two. I think this was in the PBJ 005bk thread....

You have nice choice in jeans, I hope you like whichever one you choose.

Welcome to the future *deep booming echoing voice*

Edit: I see some beat me to it;)

Sams below. Black. Broken in. S5000BK

everyone knows the color of these are impossible to capture correctly. but these do have some serious fading going on....just hot washed and dried them on hot in the dryer w/o any soap last week as they stretched an ungodly amount.

464290452_c229770319.jpg

464298531_9979d39f16.jpg

464298533_fa1a4c2d90.jpg

been wearing these off and on since around august or so. But most of my time is spent on the samurai contest jeans.

Threads:

Pure Blue Jeans XX-005

Samurai S5000 owners

Search Button:

search

I may as well tell you now - if you are going to buy the sammies read the threads and get an idea of how they fit - alot of people regret only sizing down 1, they are sized kinda big and also they stretch! I dont know what size you are or anything, but just make sure you read a few peoples opinions and check the raw and post wash measurememnts.

Think of all this "research" as part of the fun of buying jeans!