Brappers (Taiwanese denim?)

kai-wun

Hi,

Has anyone heard of this company? My aunt bought my little sister some brappers jeans. The fit is pretty nice (especially for kids) and it looks awesome with ballet flats. I'm not sure if it's selvage, it may be "fake" selvage because it has the selvage line beside the normal cut....

I want to ask my aunt to get me some black raw selvage denim from taiwan to just to have something "different".

Thoughts?

Cheers

-k

Here's the strange selvage/non-selvage double line i was talking about....

The reason you would believe it was selvedge is because of the stiching over the seams, which I guess could be confused as selvedge due to it's likeness to the Cone Mills red line. The stiching was probably placed to reinforce the seams and make it flat.

Remember that selvedge is fabric with a nonfraying edge.

Looks like they are so small that they could nearly use only 1/2 the fabric of a normal jean, but didn't have quite enough width and had to add an inch or so. It would be kinda cool to have 1 seam only, wouldnt it? single seam jeans.

oh and that sure as hell isnt selvage. the name Brappers sounds like a kids only brand.

brappers is a japanese brand, but it's common in taiwan. they make womens jeans only. my gf has a pair, they fit real nice. brappers have real nice cuts. none of them are selvage. but they fit women very nicely. they get nice fades over time too.