The Other Big Apple: Buenos Aires

bigd

I'm going to be studying in Buenos Aires for an entire year begining by the end of July. I would just like if some one can tell me about some exceptional shopping destinations in Buenos Aires. I know all about Palermo Soho and plan to go there first, but I would like more details, like specific places. I'm more into streetwear and nike dunks than preppy, which I believe is the dominat fashion style for Argentine men. Also where can I find a really nice suit for about U$S 300?

Buenos Aires was interesting in the '40s and '50s. Lots of sleek men in waisted suits and sensual women--sort of that tango stereotype really.

There was also a big British population there that was mostly removed during the Peron regime.

i'm just doing ies for the first semester and then i'm enrolling in a university for the second semester. my spanish skills need a little fine tuning before i'll be ready to handle university course work in spanish. however, i heard that compared to most american schools (i go to williams college) that Argentine university courses are really easy.

• 3 months later...