shorts for the summer

herpsky

i dont really have any good shorts (i only have workout shorts) and it's really getting hot in my area

im not willing to spend over $80 dollars...

any advice will be appreciated

thanks

my top picks would be:

-cargo shorts: straight up new army surplus stuff is actually good

-loose sweat shorts: Supreme does a nice sweat short every summer, not sure about other brands...

-athletic shorts: you can get a decent pair of these lots of places. nike makes some nice ones. my fave pair are some Fourstar OG nylon shorts that i got years ago and are still going strong...they're called the 'refugee' short now for some reason tho:

refugee_blue.jpg

goodenough is one of those urahara brands right?

i dont live in japan though

i doubt ill go back to japan this summer...

Go check out your local stores, you might be lucky :-)

Anyhow, I've just bought some camouflage/army knickers my self, which I really adore, and with a white belt (e.g tiger of swe/J. Lindeberg) it looks really cool! furthermore you can round it up by wearing white sneakers, but I am not aware of your style and personality but the above mentioned gear are actually what I wear in this very moment, together with a grey cardigan! :-)

I wasn't able to find any good pictures

blame my age - everyone else does!

Edited by andreasj on Jun 9, 2005 at 01:46 AM

i just checked out the goodenough shorts on ebay. they look really nice...

i think im gonna go ahead and go to a local army surplus store and pick up something

HERPONERS:

sorry to repeatedly champion Abercrombie as I hate their branding image, but they really do have shorts on lock. solid construction, light or heavyweight ripstop, drawcords, with options of silly # of pockets or just normal. go one size smaller than you normally would b/c they run big and you may have to deal with a sewn logo patch etc. but you can razor that off if you like. they should be all over ebay, and they have both broken in kinds, raw (new), and 'destroyed' if you want to go for U.S. college boy steez.

also happy with all my Staple shorts. Ssur should be simple and solid. 555 and Obey, both shite construction, not built to last, even if its ripstop. Try Spiewak, Carhartt, J.Crew, Banana Republic, Polo Sport etc. they may top out around 79.50 US so good luck

peace

~multiflavored RodLavers~

http://abelnyc.com

ALPHA/BRAVO/ECHO/LIMA

this do4sn't really touch on any of ya'lls style, but I think its kinda wild that capris are becoming some big for men in the urban genre. I'm from the philly area so I've seen the style for a while now, since stores were makings their own from leftover winter jeans and such, but now it seems like every urban brand is up on them

anyways the shorts that I liked the most were some evisu capirs, that fit more like long shorts, because I'm not a capri dude

Where in philly are you? I am from Malvern/Paoli/Berwyn area. Heading down to ubiq saturday too to check out those PRPS you mentioned at Ubiq on the cheap,

I'm actually from south jersey, but philly a few seconds from camden so I'm in PA plenty

if you check out south street check euro moda, fusion, and visuri, they always have something niteresting stuff, which would appeal to the wide varieties of styles on this board

check platinum too

you may know all these spots, but if not go nuts

Edited by jjs home on Jun 9, 2005 at 05:03 PM