Let's talk about Black Hi Tops .......

Noddy

there's a shop which has the dior homme velcro hitops in patent leather for 399€, in 41, 41.5 and 43. Drop me a line if you want me to proxy.

they also have the velcro B30 in every color/size for 195€, some quite uninteresting DH for around 240, a few Jil Sander...

Don't know if this has been discussed already but $400+ for Creative Recreations seems ridicolous to me. It's like McDonalds trying to serve gourmet steaks. The designs are trying to follow suit with trendy high top sneakers. It looks like they are using the same soles as the Lanvin, Common Projects and em, they kept the straps and toned em down a bit.

They have a whole collection at OkiNi

crc0003blk_0M1.jpg

Don't know if this has been discussed already but $400+ for Creative Recreations seems ridicolous to me. It's like McDonalds trying to serve gourmet steaks. The designs are trying to follow suit with trendy high top sneakers. It looks like they are using the same soles as the Lanvin, Common Projects and em, they kept the straps and toned em down a bit.

They have a whole collection at OkiNi

crc0003blk_0M1.jpg

yeah they started using the industry-standard italian souls from like last year.

mcdonalds rules though. Those CRs are the best I've ever seen, surprisingly. Would be worth like $150 if they didn't have that wack toestrap.

there were actually nicer ones from there "milan" collection or whatever, but who are we kidding? would never rep anything form creative recreation.

Kinda risky saying this but I think "The Collection" from CR is way better than the shit being pushed by CP right now. At least CR is starting to make more tasteful shoes with subtle styling.

are you comparing the aesthetics of that cr collection to the most recent offerings of cp? or anything that cp has offered overall up until now?

you gotta be alittle more specific when trying to make such a profound claim.

are you comparing the aesthetics of that cr collection to the most recent offerings of cp? or anything that cp has offered overall up until now?

you gotta be alittle more specific when trying to make such a profound claim.

The aesthetics of CR's "The Collection" to CP's S/S 09 debut. I would much rather wear some of the shoes available for The Collection right now than the wanna-be pierre hardy bullshit and pastel faggotry being offered by CP. Price tag aside as well, I don't think those CR's are worth their price...

The aesthetics of CR's "The Collection" to CP's S/S 09 debut. I would much rather wear some of the shoes available for The Collection right now than the wanna-be pierre hardy bullshit and pastel faggotry being offered by CP. Price tag aside as well, I don't think those CR's are worth their price...

i agree.

new season of CP sucks dick

i think it's wack that cp emulated the phardy strap/silo, but that's pretty much what cr has been doing all along since it's conception, they've been mimicking a huge array of footwear form a huge spectrum no matter the aesthetic.

i think it's wack that cp emulated the phardy strap/silo, but that's pretty much what cr has been doing all along since it's conception, they've been mimicking a huge array of footwear form a huge spectrum no matter the aesthetic.

Agreed. But, it makes more sense to emulate classic styling and construction rather than trendy bullshit. Most of the earlier CPs arent trendy, and the direction CR is going is much less "trendy" (i use it loosely, shoes are still trendy as fuck). Designs are emulated and reproed because they are timeless. Peter POOPat needs to pull his head outta his ass and realize the reason why CP's are popular is because of their classic styling. At least CR is headed in the right direction...

Agreed. But, it makes more sense to emulate classic styling and construction rather than trendy bullshit. Most of the earlier CPs arent trendy, and the direction CR is going is much less "trendy" (i use it loosely, shoes are still trendy as fuck). Designs are emulated and reproed because they are timeless. Peter POOPat needs to pull his head outta his ass and realize the reason why CP's are popular is because of their classic styling. At least CR is headed in the right direction...

2 me, emulating popular aesthetics esp minimalism is fine if it is done in a dignified way. timing is very important obviously. i'd say that cp was the firs "median luxury" shoe label to bring back simplistic silouetttes and it seems as if quality and it's control was and is a big part of their vision from the get-go.

cp has become "trendy," but when they first started, they obviously weren't moving as many units. i mean cr got on this minimalist bandwagon even after generic man. and the thing about cp and even gm is that their concepts is still basically the same (minus the phardy shit), unlike that of cr who's shit is all over the place. in short it is obvious that cr is producing these kinds of models, because shit IS "trendy" and sells. and this is because of cp.

2 me, emulating popular aesthetics esp minimalism is fine if it is done in a dignified way. timing is very important obviously. i'd say that cp was the firs "median luxury" shoe label to bring back simplistic silouetttes and it seems as if quality and it's control was and is a big part of their vision from the get-go.

cp has become "trendy," but when they first started, they obviously weren't moving as many units. i mean cr got on this minimalist bandwagon even after generic man. and the thing about cp and even gm is that their concepts is still basically the same (minus the phardy shit), unlike that of cr who's shit is all over the place. in short it is obvious that cr is producing these kinds of models, because shit IS "trendy" and sells. and this is because of cp.

CR is getting better but still not as good as CP, which is getting worse. Generic Man is the best of the 3 now imo, apparently they aren't as mickey mouse as they look either, though I've never handled a pair.