Let's talk about Black Hi Tops .......

Noddy

jesus h fucking christ those are horrific

i wouldn't call them horrific, and i was skeptical upon their first colorways release years ago, but they definitely work with pants of all cuts. i seen people make them look great.

i definitely like them better than those sneakers you posted in the yes or no thread, but it is clear for both of us to understand why. we definitely have very different aesthetics.

fair play

although mine was just some generic hypebeasty shit, which was sort of the point

i appreciate a lot of what you and other's post here, and i'm all for pushing boundaries, designers taking risks, etc.

but...sometimes they fail

the ultra-short toebox, the weird lacing pattern, the gum sole - it's all just kind of wtf

p.s. you'll be happy to hear i found some grape v's for cheap

I thought they look laced too tight too but I didn't realize they were covered, that's kinda cool actually.

All white straps are KVA right?

the black are attachment.

the all white velcro look like dh.

Guest jmatsu
Not feeling black s2a, sorry. Toebox looks all wonky.

Jmat, what do you think of those Ato nike dunks-lookalikes with double straps? Meh or plain bad?

i was never a fan, but i've seen people pull them off. obviously not with a hb styling or a kanye concept.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jmatsu
photo28196.jpg

photo28190.jpg

RO/DBSS inspired/ripoffs?

by Diesel

Sadly, sold out everywhere.

I missed out on these . . .

(would love em if anyone's got em in 45/11US . . .)

i just negged u for actually having the audacity to post these, actually calling diesel ny, and for feeling sad that u were unable to acquire them. for shame.