Tokyo sizing

lynt

Yo super crew. Heading to Tokyo, wanna shop. I'd like to hear your experiences with sizing.

I'm hearing reports that sneakers are too small and most denim / outerwear is small as well... well, small for your average Australian, more so for women's clothes.

Who's got the juice

Yup, stuff runs small. I can't speak of the comparison to australian clothing, but at least for americans. If pants are running S/M/L, you can bet you're an L or larger, even if you're a small back home. A lot of it is dependent on the brand though.

Most brands have completely different sizing. Number Nine, for example, uses 1-5 (3 being a medium), undercover uses 1-4 (2 being a medium), lad musician is completely different, and a lot of brands will also use european sizing. However, if pants are going by measurements (30, 32, etc.) they tend to be pretty accurate. Some places will do measurements in cm, which isn't too hard to figure out.

i normally wear a size small... rarely a medium... picked up a blazer in tokyo... LARGE... after i washed it.. that shit doesnt fit anymore... sonova...

I'm 1.90m and 70-75kg and every single thing I bought was L. Even some L stuff was too small for me and many Japanese stores just don't have an XL size. I also wanted to buy some sneakers but I'm a 44-45 (10.5?) and couldn't find anything nice in that size.

It makes sense though. When walking on the streets in Tokyo I went from slightly above average to the tallest motherfucker in a mile. Ego++