Eco friendly denim from around the world. THINK GREEN

thelion1856

According to some promotional material I once read in the window of London store Oki-Ni, part of the allure of Zimbabwean cotton is that the altitude the cotton grows at affords the crop a ready supply of fresh air + the usual pests find the atomospheric conditions a bit too extreme thus the notion of pesticides becomes redundant.

Since many Japanese labels use Zimbabwean cotton I guess this affords them a lot of green credentials. I like that they don't shout about it and use it towards marketing leverage because it seems that organic to the clothing industry is what anti animal testing was to the cosmetics industry in the early nineties.

Consumer awareness is a good thing but imo a lot of clothing labels are using 'organic' to simply justify an additional margin and hoping that the connotations of 'organic' with food will migrate over to consumer behaviour when buying clothes too (i.e. organic = 'better').

lol sorry I'm ignorant about the effect that 10,000 pairs of fancy jeans has on the environment.

Coal plants spew out millions of tons of smog a year. Maybe we should worry about that first. If you really want to help the environment you should buy $20 jeans and donate the other $280 towards a nuclear power advocacy group. That way we can have less harmful radiation around us.

but at the same time, if these companies don't go through these measures, we'd have more shit to clean.

Ironing jeans has nothing to do with "eco friendly" jeans. Also, lol at the French environmental agency as a source

Since this is an eco friendly discussion on a jeans forum, i'd say the fact that most on here don't iron their jeans is relevent. ie. this discussion is about more than just how much impact making/buying jeans has to do with the environment, but stretches into how much better/worse raw denim is on the environment in the long run, and since people buying raw are less likely to iron... Now maybe you could explain something for me...? Why is the French environmental agency so funny? Please share the joke (i'm serious);)