Dior Homme Frustration

I am 5'10" tall and weigh 115 lbs., which makes me a pretty slim guy. And although i look as slim, if not slimmer than the Dior models, I have shoulders and chest and I do not look anorexic.

if you are 5'10" and weigh 115 lbs you do look anorexic, no matter how your weight is distributed.

it actually depends on the collection, in the following interview from SS05 hedi admits all the styling was done on the fly, only paying attention to colors and the boys personalities. he also describes the process as "fragmented" & "accidental":

Good observation, w and e are right next to each other.... I usually pride myself on catching those kinds of mistakes, but I just found myself laughing at WOLVES's post and replied to it. Anyway, its far too late now as onemancult has already taken this shit to other threads and SF shall henceforth feel the wrath of the hecticness!!!

1)You could got for P sizes (as mentioned before) but they were originally made to fit girls who wanted to wear DH, so, knowing the market, think petite asian bodies; you might be too tall for most of them.

2) Not everything has to fit you like a wetsuit, It seems that a lot with people who haven’t been too exposed to “slim†designs aside from web pictures, have this hyperrealist (as in an heightened reality) image of slimness they pursue and actually don’t realize that garments aren’t cut like that, something for which we should be thankful. Maybe you need to revise your expectations.

3)While this does vary from garment to garment, there is a tendency for DH cuts to democratize as time advance so look for older stuff; you’ll get better construction, less referential designs and smaller cuts. Luster has the nicest designs according to a load of DH purists and you won’t be disappointed by the slimness. You should join the DH msn group and seek more info about seasons and sizing there.

4) Take a tape and measure your chest; you’ll get your theoretical jacket size, is that 44? If it is, since you’re 115lbs, it is entirely reasonable to assume that you aren’t “proportionate†and that NO off the rack suit will fit you without major adjustments. Your chest is probably proportionally bigger compared to say your arms, stomach, etc, making the garment look awkward. You can either gain weight, find a brand that can be easily adjusted or go MTM/Bespoke (not a bad option if you’re ready to pay $2200 for a jacket btw….)

5) Nicolas Andrea Taralis used to work with Hedi Slimane, he cuts androgynous garments, mainly aimed at women but meant to be worn by both sexes (that used to be his philosophy, haven’t checked his stuff recently). You might find something to your liking in his collections.

6) Balenciaga (by Ghesquière) cuts are quite skinny. Some of the older seasons were plain unwearable, even when sizing down. You might look for those or more reasonably cut (still extremely slim) recent ones.

7) Lad musician might interest you but I suggest being very careful with measurements, as they’re cut for Asians and, as you probably noticed, those bastards are shorter than members of the race of kings. I’m 5’8†and fit most garments as they’re supposed to, but would say good proportions of them will look off on a 5’10†individual. The same advice might apply to a lot of Japanese brands, so be careful. AJK/WJK, Hare, Lithium Homme, etc =slim clothes of various quality levels.

My jacket is a US 34, as it is a EU 44. I will take into account how short I am, and how much smaller my bone structure is than the ideal Dior body. This seems to happen with every designer I try. I think I'll turn to the japanese, haha and maybe even save money.

And to the imbeciles who keep saying i am aiming for that rock and roll look, I am rather trying to find formal apparel which will fit me right. Seeing that at Norstrom or Neiman's, I swim in their 36s.

I was initially asking for alternatives from Dior in attaining small sizes, as i don't plan in having a larger shape than i have. I wan't to thank all the kids who posted opinions and who provided me with useful websites.

My jacket is a US 34, as it is a EU 44. I will take into account how short I am, and how much smaller my bone structure is than the ideal Dior body. This seems to happen with every designer I try. I think I'll turn to the japanese, haha and maybe even save money.

And to the imbeciles who keep saying i am aiming for that rock and roll look, I am rather trying to find formal apparel which will fit me right. Seeing that at Norstrom or Neiman's, I swim in their 36s.

I was initially asking for alternatives from Dior in attaining small sizes, as i don't plan in having a larger shape than i have. I wan't to thank all the kids who posted opinions and who provided me with useful websites.

Again, you could always tailor them. It's not that expensive, and should almost always be done anyway, especially for formal apparel. Even half an inch here or there can be a huge improvement, so I don't see any reason why you're spending $2200 on a jacket that was, apparently, also "swimming" on you since the tailor took off "six inches" or whatever, if you'd be willing to buy from Nordstrom's / Neimans on the account that they "fit." Your logic fails you.

I'd go with Fuuma's Number 4 suggestion, if, like he said, you're spending that much on a jacket. Unless you bought it from an older season (2005-2006 if I remember right), it would most likely be of a substantially higher quality, as well. Hell, even 2005-2006 I've heard the quality was already probably lower than even a moderately priced bespoke.

Then again, quality is relative.

I second Fuuma's Solution No.4

I can't imagine spending that kind of $$$ on a jacket, only to hand it off to some anonymous tailor who actually advises (or agrees) to take 6 whole inches off the body.

Did you miss the fact that the man is a:

Drug dealer. Deals drugs.

He's already living on the edge, nothing's going to stop him now.

As mentioned earlier, the jacket HAS been tailored. It fit's alright now, and the reason for my post was to ask if there were alternatives to DH's size 44.

Haha, funny enough I am from Colombia. Although I would make way more money dealing coke, i have chosen to work translating stuff for an office which pays well...considering that i am about to graduate high school, and am only able to have a part time job.

I really didn't start this thread to complain, I was simply asking for advise.

For most shows they won't alter your size, in my experience. I mean, first of all, they pick models that fits the clothes during castings (obviously), but they wont take in the waist or do alterations just for one guy to fit the samples. The shoes are really the worst part, I've done shows with tiny shoes that killed my feet.

Now, maybe Dior is an exception, I don't know about that.

you heard it from somebody who knows his shit

everybody who called me a dumb piece of shit is loony and should go post on the "somethingawful.com" fashion forum so that you can get advice that's on your level

And when the fuck has anyone ever "tailored" a shoe?

Goddamn....

Suck yourself fuckboy.

You can get shoes custom made for you. Not everything is like sneakers you dumbshit

yes, you can get custom shoes.

no, the proper term is not 'tailored shoes'

yes, you are still a fuckboy.

no, you don't have to suck yourself.

yes, you do have to suck ya mudda, rassclot.

7) Lad musician might interest you but I suggest being very careful with measurements, as they’re cut for Asians and, as you probably noticed, those bastards are shorter than members of the race of kings. I’m 5’8†and fit most garments as they’re supposed to, but would say good proportions of them will look off on a 5’10†individual. The same advice might apply to a lot of Japanese brands, so be careful. AJK/WJK, Hare, Lithium Homme, etc =slim clothes of various quality levels.

was the asian bashing really necc.? esp. when you share the same height as the average for our race?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...