The official Pokemon DS thread

mrip

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are tons of people out there who've spent hours upon hours breeding and collecting pokemon on the japanese version in preparation for US release day. If you put up for trade any shitty pokemon and request almost any pokemon you want it's pretty likely that you'll get it eventually. I had all three starters within ten seconds of putting up 2 zubats for trade.

Guest Airjamie

Hahaha. I would normally flame for a thread this dorky, but i remember stealing a gameboy from an unattended backpack in my highschools locker room, fully intending on selling it to buy pot, I ended up getting addicted to the pokemon game instead....

There are tons of people out there who've spent hours upon hours breeding and collecting pokemon on the japanese version in preparation for US release day. If you put up for trade any shitty pokemon and request almost any pokemon you want it's pretty likely that you'll get it eventually. I had all three starters within ten seconds of putting up 2 zubats for trade.

That's what turned me off to pokemon as it became bigger. And especially now, i can't compete with the middle school kids with no life who breed pokemon for hours and then specialize train them for even longer. Hopefully i can play normal lazy people from here whenever i get the game.

Damn, I remember playing the original red version on my GameBoy Pocket about 7 or 8 years ago... those were good days. :P But, yeah, as someone said, the game is actually a pretty damn good RPG... if there wasn't such a stupid anime, then no one would say one bad thing about the game.

While we're at it, did anything really change from the red version? I know there's trading, new pokemons, etc. but did anything major change?

While we're at it, did anything really change from the red version? I know there's trading, new pokemons, etc. but did anything major change?

Nope, they've stuck with what works which goes to show how great even the original was. Biggest changes that come to mind are double battles (2vs2) and breeding.

honestly if there wasn't such a dumb cartoon show about this game, then no one would really give it all the hate it has.

it's actually a good game to play.

Probably the only game I won't just download into my R4 and that I'll buy!

r4 is gay...all about the ds-xtreme!!

its XTREME TO THE MAXXX!!!!

I've enjoyed the game so far. Only been playing it for a week since all my finals ended and i got all my research papers in. I've caught a bunch of pokeymans and have traded for past pokeymans with people through wifi. The wifi aspect is definitely cool as you can trade with people or search for trades through global trading. I haven't battled anyone online as i just play it for fun and not competitive. Any lazy people wanna battle or trade?