Nudie Re-tread

pinotenvy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Regular Ralf (sp?) dry selvage look tight. Is there a place in the US that one can get them online? Also, I am a 34 waist - should I buy 34 waist pants or will they shrink 1-2 inches ala Levis LVC?

Thanks all,

-Jake

greycast isn't a selvage denim, nor are slim jim and sven. they're just available in the dry form. as far as comparison goes, regular ralf = apc english, slim jim = new standard.

in the us, you can either buy from famousfriendsnyc or from volls.de (EUR 22 for shipping)

www.famousfriendsnyc.com/

www.volls.de

"God is Dead" - Neitzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

Famousfriendsnyc's web site is down. :(

How's the sizing, how much will they shrink from the ticketed size?

-Jake

i have the nudie regular ralf dry selvage, i wanted to buy the 33/34, but they sold out, so I got a 34/34. Definitely a nice pair of jeans, although I usually wear 34 or 33 in other jeans, I would wear 33 in the RR dry selvage.

I got them in denim bar, in arlington, VA

they are the only store in the USA to sell the straight sven, I spoke to the nudie distributor and that's what she said, only 10 pairs sold in USA.

Guest UNKLE21

weiyung there are more then 10 pairs in the US. there was a shop in chicago that had them, box and all.

Nudies for 5 months and going

Thanks Richard, I just shot you guys an email...

-Jake

Quote:

www.mynudies.com

all your questions about nudies will be/have been answered there.

--- Original message by darknworn on Jun 3, 2005 08:46 AM

There is a selvedge straight sven, the limited edition one they did called the Svenska. I think thay only did around 1000 pairs or so though. Very nice jean.

• 2 weeks later...

according to the nudie distributor, the new pricing for nudie RR dry selvage is $265, other places are following suit, this is the new price for 2005.

if you can find places w/ 2004 stock still, famous friends, steven alan both in NYC, you can save more, ~220, plus shipping no tax.

the 2005 price is mandatory, thus the stores will only sell at this price or higher. The LA shops like traffic is way over priced, just a tad more than suggested retail...

Atrium has them for $265 now!!! I live near them so I stop by that store almost on a weekly basis. I would swear that these are the exact same jeans sitting in the back there a few weeks ago for $220!!! (A lot of them have labels etc worn out from having been tried on in the fitting rooms, so I know some of these are the exact same ones I saw and tried on weeks ago.) Let me get this straight...it's not that newly made jeans for 2005 just came out, but rather that Nudie has declared all their RR Dry Selvage to be priced at $265 now and therefore everyone just changes the price tag? This is plain absurd! Why not just sell off the last pieces and then bring in the new line at the new price? I'm not griping about the price increase, I'm griping about the price increase on the same exact jeans. I was fully prepared to stock up on Nudies and buy another one at $220 but damned if I'll pay $265 now. It's not even the money, it's the principle!

If apc gets as trendy as nudie i will switch to uniqloicon_smile_wink.gif jk

I like the nudie (particularly the cut of the RR) alot however cant stand the seat pocket stitch (sorry WW) but shit man. i could go for some uniqlo - love the price and the green selvage

603935_m.JPG

"Today's peacock tomorrow's feather duster. "

Damn don't apologize for having a different opinion. I like both APCs and Nudies (yes, it's possible to like them both, they aren't arch-rivals). Different jeans for different situations and different styles. "For price and quality" is a very subjective statement - I would personally venture to say that Nudie jeans are higher quality than APC, despite the lack of a felled inseam. If you haven't actually seen the Dry Selvage denim, you're missing out.