any mechanics and car experts...i have a question about my brakes

so about a month ago, my tire blew out so i put on a spare. but because i am retarded, i drove on the spare for a good 2 weeks before replacing it due to the fact that i was broke as fuck. now, its been about 2 weeks since replacing the tire and im driving on a nice new tire....BUT...ever since a couple days before replacing the tire, whenever i press on the breaks, it makes a weird scratching noise as well as a grinding noise when it comes to a stop. i initially figured it was probably the breakpads being worn down to nothing so i checked...and theres plenty of breakpad left and the rotors seem to be fine. but i noticed that there are tiny tiny metal shavings all around and when i started the car without the tire, it made the noise and it was directly coming from where the rotor meets the caliper. not so much a grinding noise but definitely something grinding in there.

anybody know what the problem is?!?!?! i realize that this might not be the best forum for this question but thought i'd give it a shot since sufu users seemt o know a bit of everything.

so about a month ago, my tire blew out so i put on a spare. but because i am retarded, i drove on the spare for a good 2 weeks before replacing it due to the fact that i was broke as fuck. now, its been about 2 weeks since replacing the tire and im driving on a nice new tire....BUT...ever since a couple days before replacing the tire, whenever i press on the breaks, it makes a weird scratching noise as well as a grinding noise when it comes to a stop. i initially figured it was probably the breakpads being worn down to nothing so i checked...and theres plenty of breakpad left and the rotors seem to be fine. but i noticed that there are tiny tiny metal shavings all around and when i started the car without the tire, it made the noise and it was directly coming from where the rotor meets the caliper. not so much a grinding noise but definitely something grinding in there.

anybody know what the problem is?!?!?! i realize that this might not be the best forum for this question but thought i'd give it a shot since sufu users seemt o know a bit of everything.

Did you over torque the lug nuts when you put your wheel (spare or recently fixed) on your car? 78 - 80/lbs should be enough.

Depending on your car it should be easy to "flip" up the caliper from the rotor (so you won't have to remove the whole caliper assembly) and just wipe the pads and the rotor down. Spray some brake cleaner on the rotor too.

Unlikely that the spare had anything to do with your brake issue unless you over torqued the lug nuts.

what you could check, because this happened to me, is that when your tire was being repaired, something could have happened to your brake shims & you may have lost one or two. when you get your brake pads replaced with aftermarket pads, they're made for one-size-fits-all application, but they really don't fit. so the mechanics have to put these little plastic shims in between to make the pads thick enough to stay in the housing. if one falls out, weird stuff happens.